Trachy show off thread!

Assure the following aren’t elevated or low :
Alk
Ca
Salinity
Temperature
Phosphate
Nitrate

Add a pouch of chemipure elite which will assure no toxins or phosphate
Thanks for the advice! I added the Chemipure Elite and it started to improve. Phosphate must have been the culprit, it was the one thing I wasn't testing for.
 
Thanks for the advice! I added the Chemipure Elite and it started to improve. Phosphate must have been the culprit, it was the one thing I wasn't testing for.
Glad to hear. I love to see reefers recover
 
My Australian Blue Denim
 

Attachments

  • abdtrachy.jpg
    abdtrachy.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 116
I’m not the best photographer, but joining in. I’ve had this guy for about 3 years. There’s some sort of bivalve attached underneath I’ve never id’ed, but it has some “whiskers” around the edges. My mated pair of Domino Clowns sleep here most nights and move to my euphyllia or gonipora during the day.
 

Attachments

  • 89F74B91-B4D3-4653-BF21-3AF577611D2C.jpeg
    89F74B91-B4D3-4653-BF21-3AF577611D2C.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 116
Was lucky to pick this beauty up last night from a local reefer. It’s about 7” across. Got him to eat this morning. Pics do this guy no justice.
 

Attachments

  • 8774F0D4-4C09-4BB3-8EAD-F4462735A231.jpeg
    8774F0D4-4C09-4BB3-8EAD-F4462735A231.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 106
  • D61D044E-A8AA-40C7-95D5-1DEB33F90FAA.jpeg
    D61D044E-A8AA-40C7-95D5-1DEB33F90FAA.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 124
Figured this would be the forum to ask, is there any validity to the idea that Aussie traches are not hardy and Indos are much hardier? Asking because some places have beautiful Aussie rainbows RN but I anecdotally I’ve heard they are don’t do well, but I’m not sure that wasn’t just a single person’s experience.
 
Curious to see more Trachys!
 
One of mine

img_3794-jpeg.3723222
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3794.jpeg
    IMG_3794.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 133

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new