Trash pile Spec V

jaegers_reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2017
Messages
191
Reaction score
117
Location
Fort Lauderdale, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a property manager you see and find a lot of random stuff. Most of the time it's junk but every once in a while you get lucky. I was driving around one of my buildings and came across a big pile of trash and furniture that appears to be from an eviction across the street. And sticking out in the open was a Fluval Spec V!

It was pretty dirty and was missing the hood and light but the pump was still in it. After rummaging around in the trash(yes I know, gross) I found the light with the power supply broken and a cobalt mini therm 5!

I decided this would be an awesome office tank to keep in the Leasing office.

So I got it cleaned up and to my surprise the pump still worked! My colleague decided he wanted to help set it up and offered to split the costs with me.

This is going to be a soft coral dominant tank with possibly 1 fish to keep maintenance relatively simple.

20171020_163242.jpg


The Spec V light works but the power supply needs to be replaced. I'm going to see if I can rig up the stock light from my Evo 13.5 with the arm from the Spec V light.

We picked up some cured dry rock and were thinking of setting up the rockscape like this.
20171021_143818.jpg
20171021_143814.jpg


Hope you'll follow!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new