Treating GHA with Fluc

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow didnt know about the light, did a treatment a while back and had the light off and it didnt work, but now im battleing it again. Just a question i got my phosphtas down all the way to 0 is the algae still gonna suck even though the water doesnt have phosphats?
Is has some phosphates. Yea it’ll work.

Reeftang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try turning my lights up then! I read through the giant fluconazole thread once and went back to double check a few things, and I guess I forgot the bit about lighting. Thank you for the tips :)
Where is this thread you are talking about?

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called it, kinda eeery. Six months. Not a peep from OP on this forum since Feb. This hobby is too complicated for a lot of people hence why it remains such a small niche hobby and in heavy decline. Also testament to why 85% of the time, it's of no use trying to help newbs who won't take advice and don't listen. Negative and cynical but also totally true.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thso is a huge thread, can you sum up the requirements like the light for example because i didnt know about this light thing.
Just read the first post really.
Put it in and wait 21 days. It’s really easy.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called it, kinda eeery. Six months. Not a peep from OP on this forum since Feb. This hobby is too complicated for a lot of people hence why it remains such a small niche hobby and in heavy decline. Also testament to why 85% of the time, it's of no use trying to help newbs who won't take advice and don't listen. Negative and cynical but also totally true.
She didn’t follow up but did a few other threads. The treatment worked.

It’s about the journey.

Ocean Lotion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thso is a huge thread, can you sum up the requirements like the light for example because i didnt know about this light thing.
Do water change and get tank in top condition so can go up to y weeks without a water change.
Remove carbon.
If skimmer is in sump remove cup but leave running for airation. If hob skimmer shut it off and remove and bleach it or peroxide so do not recontaminate your tank.
Point as much light as possible to all parts of tank, especially shaded areas.
Treat tank.
If you have bryopsis it wI'll die quicker than gha. Gha starts to die in a couple weeks. Took mine 6 weeks. Started to come back after a few months so immediately retreated and that finished it off for good.
After done treating do a good water change and put carbon back in.
Feed a little lighter without skimmer and carbon running.
Won't kill chaeto.
Have fun.

Reeftang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do water change and get tank in top condition so can go up to y weeks without a water change.
Remove carbon.
If skimmer is in sump remove cup but leave running for airation. If hob skimmer shut it off and remove and bleach it or peroxide so do not recontaminate your tank.
Treat tank.
If you have bryopsis it wI'll die quicker than gha. Gha starts to die in a couple weeks. Took mine 6 weeks. Started to come back after a few months so immediately retreated and that finished it off for good.
Won't kill chaeto.
Have fun.
Thanks

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove carbon.
Treat tank.
Won't kill chaeto.
Have fun.
The reeflux hd killed my chato and calurpa. The pets meds stuff did not.

Reeftang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also give your tank as much light as possible. As high of setting and run it 24 hrs a day. Additional light increases the rate of die off of the gha. Leave it in for at least a month or if you do a h2o chng retreat for the amount of water you replaced. Do not be surprised if you have to repeat the treatment 2 or 3 times as some of it may return in small spots. Fluconazole is fantastic. I fought gha for 4 years before I found fluconazole. Good luck.

leave the lights on for 24 hours??????

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back