Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh. Only an extra 400$ to run the 600$ tester? Well that changes everything. :p
You might want to look into what all you get with the $500 Apex EL. Quite amazing, really. Temp control and monitoring, pH monitoring, 8 outlet power monitoring and control, three 1Link connections, two switched DC24 connections, pH and temp probe included, six switch inputs. Basically runs your entire aquarium and tells you when something goes wrong wherever you are in the world.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh. Only an extra 400$ to run the 600$ tester? Well that changes everything. :p

Is there another product that test these 3 things, uses pumps to make the appropriate adjustments, then shows you this valuable information in a cool graph. If so please point me in that direction so I can research it.

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to look into what all you get with the $500 Apex EL. Quite amazing, really. Temp control and monitoring, pH monitoring, 8 outlet power monitoring and control, three 1Link connections, two switched DC24 connections, pH and temp probe included, six switch inputs. Basically runs your entire aquarium and tells you when something goes wrong wherever you are in the world.

I have the full Apex. Would never build another tank without it and I'll be buying the Trident, no doubt. My post was poking fun at the loaded argument he was making. Buying an Apex head unit (and power adapter?) just to run Trident would be pretty silly. Especially considering the EL comes with what you mentioned, for 100 more

Last edited:

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there another product that test these 3 things, uses pumps to make the appropriate adjustments, then shows you this valuable information in a cool graph. If so please point me in that direction so I can research it.

Uses pumps to make adjustments? Not sure what you mean there. Unless you're talking about other add-ons like DOS. The answer to your other two questions is yes.

I'm getting the Trident btw, I was just poking fun at your loaded argument.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uses pumps to make adjustments? Not sure what you mean there. Unless you're talking about other add-ons? The answer to your other two questions is yes.

I'm getting the Trident btw, I was just poking fun at your loaded argument.

I'm not sure what you're trying to poke with. You didn't answer the question.

The arguement was over 1400 was needed for this to run. Is that valid? No
You're saying it was dumb to di it with the basics I'm guessing... not everyone needs everything. Sometimes just having the guessing taken out of the equation from testing is all some want.

Moving on now

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what you're trying to poke with. You didn't answer the question.

The arguement was over 1400 was needed for this to run. Is that valid? No
You're saying it was dumb to di it with the basics I'm guessing... not everyone needs everything. Sometimes just having the guessing taken out of the equation from testing is all some want.

Moving on now

You were talking about the head unit which serves no purpose without the cool doodads included. His argument (about it being 1400) was loaded. As was yours (about it being 1000.)

And, again, the answer to your other 2 questions is yes (reefbot.)

Relax people, were all excited about the new gadget we're getting.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the full Apex. Would never build another tank without it and I'll be buying the Trident, no doubt. My post was poking fun at the loaded argument he was making. Buying an Apex head unit (and power adapter?) just to run Trident would be pretty silly. Especially considering the EL comes with what you mentioned, for 100 more
I was not directing my comment so much at you as I was a group of naysayers and trolls here in this thread from time to time as well as elsewhere.

The point is this. For those with an existing Apex Classic installation, they are not required to buy a full Apex or Apex EL with the Energy Bar 832 and probes. One can simply buy the Apex base unit (and a power supply and aquabus cable for the Trident). But, as I have been saying all along, that is probably not the best option because for just a few hundred more you get new probes and the Energy Bar 832 and all the functionality that comes with it.

Then we have those - even some popular bloggers/vloggers in our hobby - that like to keep spreading that you cannot just buy the Trident, it's not standalone, you must buy an Apex too, and some go as far to say that you also must buy the DOS (which is a complete falsehood). The strange thing is that when they mention that you need to have an Apex, and then toss in the price, they somehow then forget to mention all the added benefit you get with that Apex and treat it as if it is just a box whose only purpose is to serve the Trident. I also think they fail to understand the enormity of our audience out there who already have what they need for the Trident! Let's not forget that every time you buy a product that works standalone, that product is burdened with all the costs associated with making it so. This is one of the reasons the COR-15 is $50 less than the COR-20.

Good times are coming soon.

TTNuge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I never saw the benefit of the Apex until I finally decided to buy one. And I bought it primarily because of the Trident. Now after having it for about a month I know I will never have another tank without one. The visibility and control it gives is amazing. People need to understand, the Trident is an accessory for the Apex, the Apex isn't an accessory for the Trident!

Hopefully sometime today, sometime soon my Apex will decide it's my time to update the AOS. First thing I checked this morning but still no update for me!

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I never saw the benefit of the Apex until I finally decided to buy one. And I bought it primarily because of the Trident. Now after having it for about a month I know I will never have another tank without one. The visibility and control it gives is amazing. People need to understand, the Trident is an accessory for the Apex, the Apex isn't an accessory for the Trident!

Hopefully sometime today, sometime soon my Apex will decide it's my time to update the AOS. First thing I checked this morning but still no update for me!
Apex is one of the best things I purchased for my tank to date! Mine is ready for the update.....just saying.[emoji38] [emoji14] I am out of town on vacation though and a little weary about pushing an update when I am not there. It can wait until Monday. Hopefully my Trident is waiting for me and the update when I get home. [emoji1696]

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem with having a APEX is how much time you spend of your phone looking at your parameters on the Apex app when you should be doing your work, LOL!!!:p

Seriously though, I have only owned a Apex since the end of November and it has already saved me one time, so having the security of knowing what is going on with the DT is worth every penny.

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely apex is one of the best money i have spent

Irongolem411

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just excited to have as much control as possible, though I do write industrial controller firmware for a Fortune 500 company for a living.

Hey @Terrance , when we gonna see some controller redundancy ?

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the process of rebuilding my calcium reactor. It’ll be much bigger so won’t fit in the same space as the old one. Guess what WILL fit in that space ......

scriptmonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last 3 months I have been a Apex owner...unfortunately mine has been sitting in its box waiting for my new tank to be completed and arrive. So seeing it is taking way too long I am going to just pull the trigger and set it up on my existing 75 then move it over when/if my tank ever arrives.

Zaireguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked the release notes on my fire tablet it says i have the new release. But my screen doesn't look any different to me
Do i need to do anything else on my fire tablet to have the screen change
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back