Trident FAQ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also can't wait for the Trident. Would love to be in the NSI program.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is the release still scheduled as planned? You have a bunch of anxious customers who are ready to throw money at you. :D :D

1.png

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting kind of worried cause I see a lot of issues popping up with the new apex and in order to use the trident you have to get the new apex. I hope apex fix these issues.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting kind of worried cause I see a lot of issues popping up with the new apex and in order to use the trident you have to get the new apex. I hope apex fix these issues.
I've been using a reefkeeper for years and then thought maybe I'd try out apex, read all the bad reviews on brs yesterday and immediately decided not to. Some really messed up stuff on there. I get all products get bad reviews but it was the nature of the issues that bothered me.

The Neptune apex classic has much better reviews. It's a shame the trident doesn't work with the classic, but no point in beating a dead horse there.....

Hopefully neptune will work out the issues with the new apex because I would like to have one some day.

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a reefkeeper for years and then thought maybe I'd try out apex, read all the bad reviews on brs yesterday and immediately decided not to. Some really messed up stuff on there. I get all products get bad reviews but it was the nature of the issues that bothered me.

The Neptune apex classic has much better reviews. It's a shame the trident doesn't work with the classic, but no point in beating a dead horse there.....

Hopefully neptune will work out the issues with the new apex because I would like to have one some day.

Big J

What were the issues? Although it’s obly been running since October, my new Apex is running great, no issues.

Dave

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Same here! Right now I’m checking out the competition I would hate to make the switch. I have been down with apex from my first day on the reef 9 years ago but if this keeps up I will have to do what’s best for my reef.

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t really want to change the direction of the OP thread. You can go to brs and other suppliers and checkout the comments.

Understood, my bad. I really don't need to, it's working well for me and I look forward the Trident myself.

Dave

Richard baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the new apex 2016 I’ve had it for a year they seemed to have worked all the issues out with it I have not had no issues at all with it in over 8 months

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues with my 2016 either. Terrance chimed in a week or two ago and its sounds like its still on track to be tested in the NSI late this quarter with a release in tge 2nd quarter.

DBR_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was worried enough about the 2016 that I left my classic plugged in for months. As long as you do the updates and have a wired connection, I think most of the problems have been resolved. Installation was a bit of a pain for me, but since then (and after updates) it has been solid. If you look at the reviews on BRS, the vast majority of negative review are older, close to the release date- one more reason that the NSI program is invaluable.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 of the new apex unit and had had no problems at all. None - they probably have most bugs worked out by now.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t given up on them yet and I have seen that most of the problems they worked it out.
But It seems that these days when they release a new product there’s a lot of issues. with the old black box and the orange sticker they had a lot less problems. So that’s really my issue. Well I would say one of my issues [emoji23]
I would be happy if the trident was able to be added to the orange sticker. I still have hope that they will find a way to make it work

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t given up on them yet and I have seen that most of the problems they worked it out.
But It seems that these days when they release a new product there’s a lot of issues. with the old black box and the orange sticker they had a lot less problems. So that’s really my issue. Well I would say one of my issues [emoji23]
I would be happy if the trident was able to be added to the orange sticker. I still have hope that they will find a way to make it work
Man, Ive been writing software for 30 years and have done several control systems. The Apex stuff is truly complicated and it would shock me if they didn't have some bugs that slipped by QA once they moved into production. I wouldn't want to work on that dev team LOL.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too upgraded to the 2016 apex and while I did have two issues they were both user error (on my part). Support got back to me within minutes of me reaching out to them and helped me through it. I’ve found their support to be top notch and their products to be as well.

If I were Terrance I’d stop following this thread because you guys are unreasonable. Most posts are people asking why it isn’t out yet and the others are complaining that things were released before they should have been.

For the entirety of this hobby people have been testing the same way. Trident is neat and I’m excited for it but really!? I can wait till it’s ready. I’ve been testing for 30 years and if I have to keep it up for another few I’ll be ok.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be honest with you.... 99.9 percent of the time if you think something is not working in your Apex EccoSystem, it's user error or lack of understanding. I have had numerous instances where I thought for sure something was wrong, but it was my lack of understanding code, or ability to find something.... A quick support ticket to Neptune yields results quickly. Listen, I have a degree in computer science, and work in the IT field. Apex Fusion is a brilliantly designed piece of software. Just know what you are getting yourself into. Basic control is pretty plug and play. Advanced stuff like setting up solenoid valves with optical sensors to add water into your salt water mixing station is more complex for example . You learn as you go, and enjoy the ride. I have never kept such a nice reef tank then my latest, and I attest a majority of that success to Apex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back