Trident Users

Urbanknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a note for Trident users who are using 3D printed reagent needle guides. I am not knocking or condemning these 3d printed guides. This is merely my experience in using them. I purchased a set of three here on this forum. I don't know what material the seller used to print them.

They worked flawlessly for six months. One day I had a reagent B failure. After resetting and priming, it still failed to work. I tried once more to fix it by resetting and priming. It failed again. Finally, I opened the bottle to check for obstructions. The 3D printed needle guide had disintegrated into many pieces! The needle was askew and had a small piece of the needle guide lodged in it. I removed all of it, replaced the needle in the reagent without a guide, reset and primed. It worked as it should. The very next day, I experienced the same issue with reagent C. The needle guide had also broke apart. I removed that one and the one in reagent A. I printed my own in PETG and the unit functions as it should now. I'll do a six month review here of how the PETG works out. This was also a reminder to self. When failures occur, always include checking the "not so obvious!"

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a note for Trident users who are using 3D printed reagent needle guides. I am not knocking or condemning these 3d printed guides. This is merely my experience in using them. I purchased a set of three here on this forum. I don't know what material the seller used to print them.

They worked flawlessly for six months. One day I had a reagent B failure. After resetting and priming, it still failed to work. I tried once more to fix it by resetting and priming. It failed again. Finally, I opened the bottle to check for obstructions. The 3D printed needle guide had disintegrated into many pieces! The needle was askew and had a small piece of the needle guide lodged in it. I removed all of it, replaced the needle in the reagent without a guide, reset and primed. It worked as it should. The very next day, I experienced the same issue with reagent C. The needle guide had also broke apart. I removed that one and the one in reagent A. I printed my own in PETG and the unit functions as it should now. I'll do a six month review here of how the PETG works out. This was also a reminder to self. When failures occur, always include checking the "not so obvious!"
I purchased mine on eBay. They didn’t work. I still had the same drifting as the bottles ran out. Now I just replace them at 20-30% and I don’t have those problems.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back