Trident waiting list - disappointed, but understand

• Thread starter User1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

U

User1

View Badges
Let me first state what I enjoy about your company so maybe this will put it into perspective.

Took the risk to create the company
Small business
Gives back to the community
Tests and video content (some tests which take time, and money, or both)
Adapts quickly

Now the bad part. Maybe I'm only one person but I just wanted to note that a few of us signed up within 10 minutes of the post here saying the list went active with the trident and are still waiting for notification. Prior to the list a few of us even got caught up in the wonky inventory check out system you have that as we tried to check out and enter payment information someone with it saved or just quicker took the inventory out from under us. Then we could not check our position on the list but could check to see if we are on it. To add salt to the wound (ok, I'm not really wounded but let us just add some made up drama :) ) my daughter asks me if I'm still interested, I said yes, and she adds her name to the list a month later. She got a email last week or week before asking if she was interested and had until the 7th to respond - here I am still waiting to hear back.

Then today this email comes in saying dear valued BRS customer thanking me for taking advantage of your waiting list but that you are now putting them up on sale on the site. Act fast...items go up in X time.

Maybe this is just one day. Maybe the new norm. Be that has it may I'm just a bit perplexed how this went down and the sudden change. Maybe some are still waiting for it and counted on that list. Maybe they found them elsewhere like I did. I just was hoping the list would really work like it was supposed to but I guess in the end it doesn't really matter.

Edit 1: There is no drama just a bit of frustration. If I was still waiting to buy one from BRS I'd be a lot more than frustrated so all is good.
Edit 2: Dissapointment isn't like I'm standing here with my arms folded and stomping my little size 8 foot with a pout face (figure of speech)

TL;DR - keep up the good work BRS but your trident waiting list - I'm not a fan.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me first state what I enjoy about your company so maybe this will put it into perspective.

Took the risk to create the company
Small business
Gives back to the community
Tests and video content (some tests which take time, and money, or both)
Adapts quickly

Now the bad part. Maybe I'm only one person but I just wanted to note that a few of us signed up within 10 minutes of the post here saying the list went active with the trident and are still waiting for notification. Prior to the list a few of us even got caught up in the wonky inventory check out system you have that as we tried to check out and enter payment information someone with it saved or just quicker took the inventory out from under us. Then we could not check our position on the list but could check to see if we are on it. To add salt to the wound (ok, I'm not really wounded but let us just add some made up drama :) ) my daughter asks me if I'm still interested, I said yes, and she adds her name to the list a month later. She got a email last week or week before asking if she was interested and had until the 7th to respond - here I am still waiting to hear back.

Then today this email comes in saying dear valued BRS customer thanking me for taking advantage of your waiting list but that you are now putting them up on sale on the site. Act fast...items go up in X time.

Maybe this is just one day. Maybe the new norm. Be that has it may I'm just a bit perplexed how this went down and the sudden change. Maybe some are still waiting for it and counted on that list. Maybe they found them elsewhere like I did. I just was hoping the list would really work like it was supposed to but I guess in the end it doesn't really matter.

Edit 1: There is no drama just a bit of frustration. If I was still waiting to buy one from BRS I'd be a lot more than frustrated so all is good.
Edit 2: Dissapointment isn't like I'm standing here with my arms folded and stomping my little size 8 foot with a pout face (figure of speech)

TL;DR - keep up the good work BRS but your trident waiting list - I'm not a fan.
I actually just sent them an email......I got the same one from them. I certainly hope that the email was not meant to go out......I have been on that stupid list for months (and even verified a couple of months ago that I was still on it) only to get an email from them saying first come, first serve? :mad: :mad:

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10AE99C8-D8B2-4873-9DAE-D7EF747EEAAA.png

Lol. This is terrible. BRS is like a perfect girlfriend that just goes and cheats on you one day. So you sit there and contemplate as to whether you should dump her or just swallow your pride and forgive her. I would expect other companies to do this type of thing but not BRS. Oh well... everyone makes bad decisions once in a while.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats really upsetting is that just yesterday I emailed BRS and asked if my name was still on the waiting list. I signed up a day after they went online. And you know what their answer was? Sorry but your name is not on the list. I asked why my name was no longer on the list and the response I got was, "we have not removed anybody from the list". So I asked if there was a rough estimate to when they would be back in stock and they said we plan to have them in stock come spring time. Also, I was signed up for the "notify me when back in stock". Do you think I got an email about it being back in stock? Nope.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saf1 I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. If you don't share your experiences, we can't improve on them. I definitely get the frustration. This has been a tough product release due to the overwhelming popularity coupled with a limited supply. We had hoped to fix the issues caused by the insanely fast sellout by creating a wait list, but as you saw, that list blew up faster than anticipated. Unfortunately without an unlimited supply of Tridents, I think there was bound to be frustration at one point or another.

At this point we realized that the list was not sustainable for a number of reasons, primarily due to the sheer size that it grew to and the amount of time it would take to contact each person at the rate units have been coming in. After the fact, I think we realize we should have closed the list down a bit sooner.

So bottom line, I really appreciate the spirit in which you've provided feedback, and please know that it matters to us and we'll be working to do better. I'm still hopeful that the situation with the Tridents will start to improve in the near future!

-Zack@BRS

Last edited:

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily I got a Trident from another company but was unhappy with the way it was handled. I also signed up within 10 minutes, but definitely after you. Just recently received an email about getting a trident. I am glad they stopped the list because it had to be incorrect. I still love BRS but was disappointing.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had known that the list was going to be disbanded.........I would have tried harder with other companies to get one. I was banking on the sure thing from BRS. Oh well.....lesson learned..........

OP
OP
U

User1

View Badges
First - thank you BRS for responding.

To others as I put in the title I am disappointed but also I understand. I didn't want to create a thread to bash. Maybe I should have done it privately. I do not believe at least that was my intent. I believe the replies so far are not - just pointing out their frustration as I did mine - so a big THANK YOU to all that replied and keeping it civil :)

Again - I think you, BRS, was in a tough / no win spot. Maybe not a good time to poke the Bear but I did want to call it out. So as you said to maybe improve in the future. I am a fan, and supporter, of what you do. I really do believe in what the owners do, the chances they took, the drive, and the dang luck it takes to be successful. First million may be easy to make but the 5 million, well that is another level or so I hear.

Maybe take the list that is remaining, turn it into a raffle, and offer a chance for one lucky winner to win one. If you do go that route please remove my name to be fair because I did get some luck from members here tagging me and telling me where one was in stock. But to those on the list you haven't called maybe toss them a bone.

Again - ty for responding. I appreciate it.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First - thank you BRS for responding.

To others as I put in the title I am disappointed but also I understand. I didn't want to create a thread to bash. Maybe I should have done it privately. I do not believe at least that was my intent. I believe the replies so far are not - just pointing out their frustration as I did mine - so a big THANK YOU to all that replied and keeping it civil :)

Again - I think you, BRS, was in a tough / no win spot. Maybe not a good time to poke the Bear but I did want to call it out. So as you said to maybe improve in the future. I am a fan, and supporter, of what you do. I really do believe in what the owners do, the chances they took, the drive, and the dang luck it takes to be successful. First million may be easy to make but the 5 million, well that is another level or so I hear.

Maybe take the list that is remaining, turn it into a raffle, and offer a chance for one lucky winner to win one. If you do go that route please remove my name to be fair because I did get some luck from members here tagging me and telling me where one was in stock. But to those on the list you haven't called maybe toss them a bone.

Again - ty for responding. I appreciate it.
I understand as well, and will by no means write BRS off. I will still go to them for my reef tank needs (my addiction). Just wanted to add my recent experience as well so that they know

Jacksoncm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saf1 I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. If you don't share your experiences, we can't improve on them. I definitely get the frustration. This has been a tough product release due to the overwhelming popularity coupled with a limited supply. We had hoped to fix the issues caused by the insanely fast sellout by creating a wait list, but as you saw, that list blew up faster than anticipated. Unfortunately without an unlimited supply of Tridents, I think there was bound to be frustration at one point or another.

At this point we realized that the list was not sustainable for a number of reasons, primarily due to the sheer size that it grew to and the amount of time it would take to contact each person at the rate units have been coming in. After the fact, I think we realize we should have closed the list down a bit sooner.

So bottom line, I really appreciate the spirit in which you've provided feedback, and please know that it matters to us and we'll be working to do better. I'm still hopeful that the situation with the Tridents will start to improve in the near future!

-Zack@BRS
hey Zack@BRS

any chance they could add the date to the email form that goes out? I received the Trident in stock email this morning. Could of been my server, could of been yours, but a date would at least eliminate unnecessary web server load for you.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Zack@BRS

any chance they could add the date to the email form that goes out? I received the Trident in stock email this morning. Could of been my server, could of been yours, but a date would at least eliminate unnecessary web server load for you.

That's something I'll have to look into. I'm not super up to speed on how the emails are being set up for that, but it might be possible!

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am on (was on?) the list and received the e-mail notification about the Tridents about to be listed later that day. I was refreshing the webpage until I saw them pop up as in stock at 12:59pm central per my computer's clock. Tossed one in my cart and proceeded to check out... and they were sold out before the sale was completed.

Is BRS going to send me another e-mail in the future when they are about to be stocked? Do I need to resign up for some notification? Or is BRS just going to post them on their site whenever they get them from now on without notification?

I too had not looked into other sources for a Trident after I had signed up on the BRS list. I understand why BRS is changing tactics, but would appreciate transparency.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was refreshing the webpage until I saw them pop up as in stock at 12:59pm central per my computer's clock. Tossed one in my cart and proceeded to check out... and they were sold out before the sale was completed.
I didn’t even get that. Never even showed up as in stock for me lol

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am on (was on?) the list and received the e-mail notification about the Tridents about to be listed later that day. I was refreshing the webpage until I saw them pop up as in stock at 12:59pm central per my computer's clock. Tossed one in my cart and proceeded to check out... and they were sold out before the sale was completed.

Is BRS going to send me another e-mail in the future when they are about to be stocked? Do I need to resign up for some notification? Or is BRS just going to post them on their site whenever they get them from now on without notification?

I too had not looked into other sources for a Trident after I had signed up on the BRS list. I understand why BRS is changing tactics, but would appreciate transparency.

We want to be as open as possible on this. Unfortunately that rapid sellout is the typical experience everywhere, and we feel the pain of everyone struggling to get one right now.

Just to be clear, we will no longer be using the wait list or contacting people through that. We had hoped the list would be a solution to avoid driving people to the site where it had already gone back out of stock, but due to the sheer size, this also proved to be unsustainable. Product will now be added to the site as delivered to us, as normal. You can use the sign up to be notified function on the page, and our system sends out a daily email to people who have signed up. Just be aware that our Back in Stock email is sent at the same time each day, and depending on when stock is added to the site, as well as general email server delivery times, it's possible for product to sell before you get the email. The email send also clears the list, so if you don't get one, you'll need to sign back up. Hope that clears that up.

I would expect the Tridents to continue to sell out rapidly as there is still massive demand, so please try to be understanding that this is out of our hands. Also, it would be nice if we could consider our fellow reefers, and only purchase what is needed personally, to allow others a chance to buy one.

-Zack@BRS

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back