Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I just ordered the 26" Trigger Platinum sump with the built-in fleece roller for my CADE S2 900. I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts/reviews on this sump. I've watched some videos and read good things but would like to hear from people who have this brand sump. I plan on removing the center board in the cabinet in order to fit the sump. Didn't want to go with the Klir 4" drop in route on my tank because I've heard that the CADE sump has to be modified in order for it to operate correctly and even then it's hit or miss. I'm tired of changing my single filter sock every two-three days. How do I swap out the sump with it running? Turn off return pump and close main drain valve and wait for the water to stop flowing into the sump?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the last question: Yes. You might also want to temporarily cover your emergency overflow after so you don't have water trickling down.

I'd throw a few heaters in the display tank and keep any powerheads going. Whatever time you budget for, expect to exceed that by a certain margin. Good luck with the new sump!

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got that exact sump and really love it, plenty of space to work with and the fleece rollers last a long time. The first 1-2 rolls will go quick while water getting cleaned out than after that I haven't had to replace them in ~2-3months right now.

Swapping out the sump has to be the biggest pain in the butt imo. I switched from a regular trigger 26 to platinum and still had plenty of work to do to get everything right.

I'm in the process of purchasing a new tank and will be going right off the bat with the 44 they can make.

OP
OP
Reefer825

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I've got that exact sump and really love it, plenty of space to work with and the fleece rollers last a long time. The first 1-2 rolls will go quick while water getting cleaned out than after that I haven't had to replace them in ~2-3months right now.

Swapping out the sump has to be the biggest pain in the butt imo. I switched from a regular trigger 26 to platinum and still had plenty of work to do to get everything right.

I'm in the process of purchasing a new tank and will be going right off the bat with the 44 they can make.
That's good to hear. I'm glad you mentioned the extra rolls. I'm going to order a couple extra ones today to be on the safe side. I'm not looking forward to swapping sumps out but I feel it's definitely going to be worth it.

OP
OP
Reefer825

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Just the last question: Yes. You might also want to temporarily cover your emergency overflow after so you don't have water trickling down.

I'd throw a few heaters in the display tank and keep any powerheads going. Whatever time you budget for, expect to exceed that by a certain margin. Good luck with the new sump!
Good ideas. Thank you

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good to hear. I'm glad you mentioned the extra rolls. I'm going to order a couple extra ones today to be on the safe side. I'm not looking forward to swapping sumps out but I feel it's definitely going to be worth it.
Yeah to me for certainly it was never having to change out socks considering I am out of town from time to time was a life saver. I did have issues with the float valves but contacting them they were great and send replacements out and extras.

OP
OP
Reefer825

Reefer825

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Yeah to me for certainly it was never having to change out socks considering I am out of town from time to time was a life saver. I did have issues with the float valves but contacting them they were great and send replacements out and extras.
That's why I went with this sump. I'll be starting a new job within the next two months and my wife and I won't be home as much so I'm trying to go the route that alleviates a little bit of maintenance.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 64 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.0%
Back