Triton and LPS

Discussion in 'Triton Applied Reef Bioscience' started by ryanuy, Feb 1, 2018.

1. ryanuy

ryanuy Member

Hi!

I recently started using Triton in one of my frag tanks. I started dosing Triton 1 week ago at 20ml a day. Its a mixed frag tank and total water volume is around 220gallons. Recent ICP test showed PO4 was a bit high so I'm running GFO to reduce it now. Otherwise, the other elements are all okay.

One issue I'm seeing is that the LPS seem a bit stressed from this? My scolys and acans look pretty beat up. I was wondering if this was normal during the transition phase?

Thank you!

Tags:

2. Tim@Triton

Tim@Triton Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

No, not normally, what is your NO3 currently? They may benefit from a bit of additional target feeding.

3. HolisticBear

HolisticBear Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

As an aside, when BRS successfully transition their BRS160 from KZ -> Triton, they mentioned their LPS rather than SPS seemed to be most stressed. Mentioned in their recent "Is Triton ULM" video

4. ryanuy

ryanuy Member

Hi Tim!

NO3 is around 10 now I using Salifert test kit. Should I increase it? My PO4 was at .28 so it was a bit high but I'm working on lowering it already. What else should I be looking to do?

Yes, I have been target feeding starting this week. Im really hoping it helps because I really do not want to lose these corals.

5. ryanuy

ryanuy Member

If it helps, I switched from dosing kalk to triton. Ive also noticed some clove polyps that look a bit stressed?

Draft saved Draft deleted