Triton Core 7 Unavailable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried to restock my system but I see UC and BRS are both out of stock.

Two questions,
1. when will it be back in stock?

2. What does triton recommend a user do if we run out?

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I expect retailers to begin receiving new Core7 Base Elements early next week.

In the event that you cannot source Core7 Base Elements, use Core7 Reef Supplements, which has never been out of stock. You can top off your C7 Base Elements dosing containers with C7 Reef Supplements without cleaning them or the dosing lines first, as there is no reactions between the two products. The formulas are both dosed at the same rate.

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference between the two formulas is minor. There is a small amount of additional trace elements included in Base Elements to keep up with demand placed by very large refugiums, namely iron and iodine.

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm...

how many gallons, or, what % of water volume would be considered a 'very large refugium'?

mginani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see no Core7 supplements or base elements anywhere

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm...

how many gallons, or, what % of water volume would be considered a 'very large refugium'?

A very large refugium would be a refugium that has a volume that is over 10% of the display aquarium. So for an aquarium with a 120gallon display, a refugium of at least 12 gallons would be large enough to be considered very large.

Chef Tommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The difference between the two formulas is minor. There is a small amount of additional trace elements included in Base Elements to keep up with demand placed by very large refugiums, namely iron and iodine.

Can I just dose these elements with "Other Methods" since I can not receive Core7. I've been running the Other for about 3 weeks and corals are all doing great!

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tim,

There was mention of a sea container that had the 10,000ml jugs that would be arriving early 2018. Are there any updates on this?

Thank you

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dustin, No company wants its products out of stock, of course we are working to make sure that this does not happen again.

The eta I was last offered was that the container would arrive in the middle of this month.

OP
OP
djbetterly

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tim2@Triton my apologies for sounding harsh, that wasn't my intention. I just hope that I don't need to spend the money on the Core Reef Supplements, then re-purchase the Core Elements a couple weeks later, but I think I'm going to have to do that given I only have about 5-7 days of elements left.

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tim! I look forward to running the Triton method on my new 400 gallon setup

Del’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A very large refugium would be a refugium that has a volume that is over 10% of the display aquarium. So for an aquarium with a 120gallon display, a refugium of at least 12 gallons would be large enough to be considered very large.
Tim, this makes no sense. Triton says to have a fuge of AT LEAST 10% of DT, so you saying to use Sups unless your fuge is over 10% is basically saying you can continue to use the Triton method, unless you’re using the Triton method.
I know this is a PR nightmare, but it would be better to say “we messed up because we didn’t expect to go viral” than to give instructions that do not make sense. So far I’ve heard 1) blame the government shutdown, 2) blame the LFS for not ordering enough to keep up with unforeseen demand, 3) blame the shipper, and 4) blame the hobbyist for not knowing supply would run dry.
Why not do this...... run dry mix. Keep the milk carton idea if you want, little .5L containers of dry mix that the hobbyist mixes with RODI. Customs wouldn’t have as much of an issue, leaks wouldn’t be a concern, and distributors wouldn’t have to be scrambling time and again for what is, no insult intended-just harsh truth, inept leadership....

Del’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing that doesn't make sense here is whatever point your are trying to make with this statement. Not the greatest 1st post - please go somewhere else if this is what you're going to contribute.
Interesting. What I said was that Tim mentioned using the supplements for the time being unless the fuge was greater than 10%, which the Triton method wants, which means supplements can’t be used. I then acknowledged that this whole thing has become a major PR nightmare (reading multiple forums will attest to this). And then I offered a possible solution. But, I guess since I don’t have 100’s of other posts, what I have to bring to the table should just be ignored. Gotcha. What a community.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back