Triton Core 7 Unavailable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I believe Tim is saying is that with a fuge of less than 10% the full triton core 7 base elements may not be fully consumed by the algea, thereby potentially leading to a buildup of unused elements. This does not fully negate the idea of the triton method, however, just means that an additional or alternative form of nutrient export may be needed (which may include an undersized algae fuge) and supplements that are better balanced for a smaller algea fuge. And for what's it's worth, I am one of the many who received leaking containers and don't see dry mix as the answer like you suggest - I'm very happy with the ease of use of the pre-mixed core 7.

Last edited:

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dry mix isn't going to be possible with Core7. It's multiple times the concentration of the Base elements and the copycats due to the process they now use to dissolve the elements into solution.

Tim's post made perfect sense to me. You either agree with the Triton (or other) method and follow it, or you don't and you do something else. However if the advice from the guys who created the method isn't followed, then you're likely to have issues.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the milk carton idea if you want, little .5L containers of dry mix that the hobbyist mixes with RODI. Customs wouldn’t have as much of an issue, leaks wouldn’t be a concern, and distributors wouldn’t have to be scrambling time and again for what is, no insult intended-just harsh truth, inept leadership....

And how, in the whole world, you guarantee that you have the right blend of trace elements if you mix and sell it in powder form. The only way to ensure that each package contains just the amount of different substances it is supposed to mix and deliver in liquid form. To evenly mix 1 microgram of a substance with 1 kg of other dry matter substances is impossible. However, doing it in disolved form is possible.

Delivering the mixtures as a solution is a way to ensure that we get exactly what we expect. It is called quality assurance.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And how, in the whole world, you guarantee that you have the right blend of trace elements if you mix and sell it in powder form. The only way to ensure that each package contains just the amount of different substances it is supposed to mix and deliver in liquid form. To evenly mix 1 microgram of a substance with 1 kg of other dry matter substances is impossible. However, doing it in loose form is possible.

Delivering the mixtures as a solution is a way to ensure that we get exactly what we expect. It is called quality assurance.

Sincerely Lasse
Wasn't there a Reef Builder's article or was it internet here say that Triton had developed a proprietary method of mixing/increasing the concentration of its supplements?

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say @uniquecorals had a replacement sent out to me first thing this morning. Their packaging might not be the best but thankfully the retailers is. I would not buy the supplements from a company I didn’t trust though.

Del’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was something, just not conclusive:

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/06/01/core7-base-elements-and-reef-supplements-from-triton/

Yah! I'm not going senial...

This may make sense if it’s not so much how to dissolve high concentrations (anyone who’s ever practiced super saturation can do this) but the stability of that which is dissociated (there is always mention of ionic balance.) That would mean the proprietary blend would be both form and function.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't there a Reef Builder's article or was it internet here say that Triton had developed a proprietary method of mixing/increasing the concentration of its supplements?

I seem to recall Ehsan or something mentioning the use of ultrasound as part of their method to increase the capacity of the solution to carry more elements in solution.

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DEL'S REEF I was away for the weekend, it looks like @Chadmowens answered your question, but I am happy to expand or reiterate. In the event that you cannot get Core7 Base Elements, use Core7 Reef Supplements.

As @Lasse pointed out, it would be nearly impossible to expect customers to reconstitute Triton's core chemical line with the same concentration or accuracy so it is a non starter.

crownsbroyal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@DEL'S REEF I was away for the weekend, it looks like @Chadmowens answered your question, but I am happy to expand or reiterate. In the event that you cannot get Core7 Base Elements, use Core7 Reef Supplements.

As @Lasse pointed out, it would be nearly impossible to expect customers to reconstitute Triton's core chemical line with the same concentration or accuracy so it is a non starter.
Are the new bottles of Triton going to be in the plastic bottles or in the milk carton style?

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i vote dry form.

i vote any form.

@DEL'S REEF, i concur with you, i am also a bit confused. originally i read triton method requires a 10% fuge. tim's clarification, in this thread, instructs not to use core 7 if one has a 120gal tank and 12 gal fuge ("very large fuge"). hey, that's a 10% fuge. so should everyone drop core 7 and use base elements? how about a 12.1 gal fuge, lol. so there must be some leeway in there, whether to use core 7, or to use base elements, when running an approx 10% fuge. considering that tim says that base elements has a bit more iron and iodine, ultimately the product choice would turn on more than fuge size, but also volume/density of macro algaes. now im talking outta my a**... but just trying to logic thru the fog of reefkeeping. it's an art, yea?

Last edited:

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@crownsbroyal, going forward, tetrapac containers will utilize a thicker material and a layer of mylar to resist damage incurred during secondary handling.
Thats great to hear. Both times I've ordered from @uniquecorals they have gone above and beyond on the packaging. The way the package services handle packages is just a disgrace. I swear 2 out of 3 packages I receive are smash by them(not just triton shipments).

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will 4 sets last until the next shipment? @Tim2@Triton just starting next week a 75 gallon with a low uptake . Does it look like more is on the way?

Tim2@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@siggy At an average recommended starting dose of 2ml/26 gallons per day 4 sets should last you more than 2 years. I expect the next sea container to arrive to the USA in less than a month.

Chef Tommy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone have news about the availability of core 7 in the 10 litre jug size?

i'm about 1/2 way thru my 1st set, and can only find the 1000ml bottles when available.

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has 316 in stock right now

thanks @Mr E Wrasse, i'm asking about the 10 L

Screenshot_2018-04-25-14-40-50.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back