Triton Core 7 Unavailable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never said any other companies have contaminants you’re just making stuff up now. And I never said you couldn’t post just that you should move on if triton upsets you this much. But since you want to be rude I’m going to take my own advice and move on
And why should I. Is it only for those that want to praise triton. And their poor supply chain. Again get.a life.

clover128

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never said any other companies have contaminants you’re just making stuff up now. And I never said you couldn’t post just that you should move on if triton upsets you this much. But since you want to be rude I’m going to take my own advice and move on

Me too....turning into rant, that’s never productive.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not harsh. But lacking substance imho. There are many many providers of additives. I don’t see the magic of Triton or any of the others that pretend to sell something special. In fact there is no evidence to suggest triton advantage

Maybe its my English but i can´t se that I have suggest Triton advantage - however IMO to use liquid additives (pure and "single malt") instead of dry (or mixed) has an enormous advantage. To use a salt there the major part (NaCl, MGSO4 and MGCl2) is dry and the parts that´s impossible to mix dry (in a good way) as liquid is IMO the right way to go. I also prefer to use pure and single additives and no mixes of trace metalls or other compunds.

As I see it - there is one company (that I know off) that provide the thing I want and therefore I use their products and write in their support forum why I support this type of philosophy - I do not write in other vendors support forum and trying to marketing other way of thinking. With the use of more and more advance testing methods - more or more vendors will start to deliver their products in a way that garant what they claim.

IMO - It´s not the Triton Brand that is outstanding - it is their philosophy and scientific point of view that fit my way of thinking like the hand in the glove.

Sincerely Lasse

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you think that other manufacturers claim that their supplements have contaminants?? Who would do that. The only benefit to Triton that I see is he testing. Which seems to be fraught with issues. Get a life anyone can make a comment it’s a
Forum

I think to be fair to Norcalreef, he's suggesting, as others are, that you don't need the negativity in your life. If you don't believe in the method or think something else is better, then that's fine. But surely your valuable time is better served posting positively on things that you know/care about rather than posting negatively on a subject which is arguably irrelevant to you and comes across as just jumping on a haters bandwagon. This behaviour is commonly known as trolling and I have to say, you don't normally come across as one.

I've been a user for 3 or 4 years now and not experienced any issues with testing either.

I also don't believe that Triton claim any magic. In fact their approach is solely based on science, testing and data. I do seem "miraculous" and "magic" claims from other additive providers and others (a certain sump sand provider, for example) who don't know how or why their products "work" and try and sell snakeoil.

With Triton I know why things are done. I know that the system is based on a tried and tested overall methodology and actual accurate testing, without guess work.

I know that the supplements provided are of a known and good purity, therefore I know exactly what's going into my tank. Yes, I could go and buy bulk element powders, mix them up, work out dosing etc, but Triton does this for me without the risk or hassle.

Many folk got their knickers in a twist when it was launched as Triton would not divulge their recipe. But why would they? Find a method that works for you and run that. :)

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think to be fair to Norcalreef, he's suggesting, as others are, that you don't need the negativity in your life. If you don't believe in the method or think something else is better, then that's fine. But surely your valuable time is better served posting positively on things that you know/care about rather than posting negatively on a subject which is arguably irrelevant to you and comes across as just jumping on a haters bandwagon. This behaviour is commonly known as trolling and I have to say, you don't normally come across as one.

I've been a user for 3 or 4 years now and not experienced any issues with testing either.

I also don't believe that Triton claim any magic. In fact their approach is solely based on science, testing and data. I do seem "miraculous" and "magic" claims from other additive providers and others (a certain sump sand provider, for example) who don't know how or why their products "work" and try and sell snakeoil.

With Triton I know why things are done. I know that the system is based on a tried and tested overall methodology and actual accurate testing, without guess work.

I know that the supplements provided are of a known and good purity, therefore I know exactly what's going into my tank. Yes, I could go and buy bulk element powders, mix them up, work out dosing etc, but Triton does this for me without the risk or hassle.

Many folk got their knickers in a twist when it was launched as Triton would not divulge their recipe. But why would they? Find a method that works for you and run that. :)

I get your point - however, my negative response was not initially geared to 'triton' it was meant to illustrate that the person you mentioned above was stating someone else was making a derogatory post, while himself was doing the same thing.

My point was that negative comments as well as positive comments should be welcome - about this or any other product. Or comments about a company's business model/customer service.

Completely agree that one should stick with a method that works. I never said Triton was 'bad' just that chemicals are chemicals and lots of companies have 'science' backing up their formulations.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get your point - however, my negative response was not initially geared to 'triton' it was meant to illustrate that the person you mentioned above was stating someone else was making a derogatory post, while himself was doing the same thing.

Yes, I did make one derogatory post to someone whose 1st post on this forum was highly negative and looked like it could have very well been a trolling post to incite more negativity towards Trition. There is a place for criticism, just not on a first post IMO. I'm sorry I'm not interested in watching this forum become another RC which is a pretty sad place these days full of angry people. If Triton isn't your thing, participate positively in a forum whose methodology you support. Or if you have constructive criticism, great, but present it in a respectful manner, and better yet, have some actual experience with the product before you make such statements. Telling a company whose clearly working very hard to correct the problems that they have inept leadership (a problem which impacts actual users like myself) isn't the most constructive advise. Having just built a large tank I've dealt with many different vendors with Triton providing some of the best communication of any I've worked with. On the contrary, I've dealt with at least one vendor that literally would not return calls or emails for over a month on numerous occasions - that is more closely what you might call inept leadership. Triton's communication couldn't be better and I'd rather not have people like you force them out of the forums due to constant negativity and berating.

Last edited:

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here here to this great site NOT turning into RC.

The members and posts here are great and your replies are in the same spirit

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, I did make one derogatory post to someone whose 1st post on this forum was highly negative and looked like it could have very well been a trolling post to incite more negativity towards Trition. There is a place for criticism, just not on a first post IMO. I'm sorry I'm not interested in watching this forum become another RC which is a pretty sad place these days full of angry people. If Triton isn't your thing, participate positively in a forum whose methodology you support. Or if you have constructive criticism, great, but present it in a respectful manner, and better yet, have some actual experience with the product before you make such statements. Telling a company whose clearly working very hard to correct the problems that they have inept leadership (a problem which impacts actual users like myself) isn't the most constructive advise. Having just built a large tank I've dealt with many different vendors with Triton providing some of the best communication of any I've worked with. On the contrary, I've dealt with at least one vendor that literally would not return calls or emails for over a month on numerous occasions - that is more closely what you might call inept leadership. Triton's communication couldn't be better and I'd rather not have people like you force them out of the forums due to constant negativity and berating.

All good - You didnt read what I wrote. Apparently. Just like you are taking me to task - I took someone else for accusing someone critical of making a derogatory post while they themselves did the same thing - nothing more nothing less. Im not angry at triton - or anyone here. In my final post I wrote: Completely agree that one should stick with a method that works. I never said Triton was 'bad' just that chemicals are chemicals and lots of companies have 'science' backing up their formulations.

So im honestly not sure where you're coming from -except to justify your own mistake. I will take ownership of the fact that the 'get a life' comments were not appropriate.

As to my constructive criticism in this thread I will say this "I would never risk thousands of dollars of living creatures not to mention the time and effort using a method that 'may' be better - but does not give better responses to questions other then 'we will try harder in the future'." IMHO - and its only my opinion - that is a symptom of inept management.

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A derogatory post trying to prevent trolling is not necessarily a derogatory post of the type you claim. Since it appears that this person has become a contributing member to the forums beyond this initial rant, I will remove my post.

Moving on.

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whoa, what was all that...

where can we order core 7, ten liter jugs, right now in the US?

Del’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, I was berated for having a negative view and had the audacity to actually say something about it. Now look at UC and BRS. Once again, no supply, when we were promised that supply issues were a thing of the past. Obviously not. Flame me if you want, but this is just the truth of the matter. Supply didn’t meet demand before, and saying that it did now just compounded the problem. Triton is a new method that I would enjoy trying, but once again, not when the supply doesn’t exist.

Spitty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be very frustrating for those who are running this method. I’m currently in the process of planning a large system and have been reaserching Triton. I do like the overall idea, it makes sense to me, but this supply issue is scaring me off.

Del’s Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...and Tim Kelly, VP of Triton-West, slips in a comment on Facebook that Triton's answer to leaking cartons is to go back to dry chemicals for Core 7 3a and 3b?

Still to stubborn to admit the cartons were an epic mistake?
Wait. I thought my suggestion to use dry wouldn’t work.........
Or were they listening to possible solutions for solutions.......

Dr.HarlemTutu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sole reason I have not tried the triton method is the supply chain. I currently use a calcium reactor with good results but loved the 2/3 part method in the past. I have a good dose and am going to implement the BRS 2 part with additives from another European method to try to have a similar methodology. I’ll give it 6 months or so and re assess. I love the idea of sending the water in every 5-12 months to check “under the hood” and confirm what you are doing is working. If and when triton gets the US supply firmed up I’ll likely give it a try. I just want to know I’ll be able to get the product without hoarding it. Too much life at risk to need to be worried about the supply.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The sole reason I have not tried the triton method is the supply chain. I currently use a calcium reactor with good results but loved the 2/3 part method in the past. I have a good dose and am going to implement the BRS 2 part with additives from another European method to try to have a similar methodology. I’ll give it 6 months or so and re assess. I love the idea of sending the water in every 5-12 months to check “under the hood” and confirm what you are doing is working. If and when triton gets the US supply firmed up I’ll likely give it a try. I just want to know I’ll be able to get the product without hoarding it. Too much life at risk to need to be worried about the supply.

Chemicals are chemicals. What are you all buying into? I mean the testing is one thing - but anyone that thinks they need this method to dose stuff "seems" deluded to me. It may very well be that we all do too many water changes - that doesn't make these chemicals better than others. but ..... what do I know. Get a refugium. Make it big - supplement and you're good - you don't need core this and that (IMHO)

Dr.HarlemTutu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemicals are chemicals. What are you all buying into? I mean the testing is one thing - but anyone that thinks they need this method to dose stuff "seems" deluded to me. It may very well be that we all do too many water changes - that doesn't make these chemicals better than others. but ..... what do I know. Get a refugium. Make it big - supplement and you're good - you don't need core this and that (IMHO)

Wow, good job. You managed to be angry with someone who has not used the “chemicals” exactly and is using a methodology (calcium reactor with a fuge) and is considering using 2 part... what is your problem? I gave a balanced assessment for why NOT to use triton “chemicals” seemingly agreeing with you. I just left a local forum because of a rigid kid who knows everything and argues with everyone all the time. It seems my dad was correct... people like you are in all walks of life. I might as well get used to it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back