Triton Method with ATS or Algae Reactor rather than a refugium?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be switching over to triton method in the coming weeks, although it says to use a refugium, is it possible to run it using an ATS or algae reactor? if so which one would be better?

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about the ATS but would image the reactor would accomplish the same thing as the fuge.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you will need too use Triton other methods ...you can use a ATS ..and or algae reactor . Depends on your nutrient levels and export methods ... I myself run other methods ...I have rowaphos in a reactor.. bio pellets in a reactor...good skimmer and I dose ez carbon from DSR .. ..

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a good size, working algae reactor you should use TRITON Base Elements (Full Method). An algae reactor has disadvantages when compared to a full refugium but the algae in the reactor will still benefit from the tailored blend of trace elements found in the Base Element kit.

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a good size, working algae reactor you should use TRITON Base Elements (Full Method). An algae reactor has disadvantages when compared to a full refugium but the algae in the reactor will still benefit from the tailored blend of trace elements found in the Base Element kit.
Would the Tunze MAR-3181 reactor work on a total volume with sump 130 gallon (Waterbox 130) or a Reefer 425 XL to do the Triton method? Would like to try this but these tanks don’t have a lot of space to place a refugium.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back