Triton "other" method and algae reactor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as the title states with the new craze of algae reactors on the rise would it be possible to run triton with a reactor instead of refugium?

As of now I have a 80gal tank with 20 gal sump (70 gal water volume) Running a phosbane 550 with chateo as of now.

I was considering triton method once again but don't have the space for a refugium.

Any advice would be appreciated.

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the post says to run it using the other methods bottle there's a guy running an incredible 270 gallon tank using an ARID reactor and the normal triton elements.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With triton other method do you still do water changes and use filter socks or is it like the triton method for people who don't have big enough refugiums

OP
OP
d_adler

d_adler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the post says to run it using the other methods bottle there's a guy running an incredible 270 gallon tank using an ARID reactor and the normal triton elements.

Could you post the link?
Or the username?

I'm interested in seeing some examples before pulling the trigger

daelie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would appear the individual doesn't have a build thread on here, so I'll just PM you the link to the other forum where his thread is. Amazing tank using Triton that basically took frags to dinner plate sized colonies using an ARID reactor to satisfy the refugium portion in about a year's time.

Jorge Linares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would appear the individual doesn't have a build thread on here, so I'll just PM you the link to the other forum where his thread is. Amazing tank using Triton that basically took frags to dinner plate sized colonies using an ARID reactor to satisfy the refugium portion in about a year's time.

I would like to see that like also. I'm in the middle of my build and have a reactor build but am also considering triton. Here's my build: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-little-upgrade-60gal-cube.315951/

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PM me too?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back