Triton Sump & Roller mat

zromano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, wanted to see if anyone has had any success adding a roller mat to their Triton Trigger Systems sump? I currently have the following sump: http://www.triggersys.com/ts/triton26v2/

My issue is determining if a roller mat will actually fit underneath and also not get flooded with too much water. Currently in chamber #1 on the far left I have a refugium set up with a light. Section 2 is where I have my skimmer and a block for bacteria to use for filtration. Third chamber is my return pump. I'd love to buy the Theiling Compact Rollermat but just not sure if it will fit or not.

Lastly, there was another article on this (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/roller-mat-for-a-trigger-sump.743020/) but that rollermat would require me to sacrifice my refugium (which would ultimately cost me $500 to get something like the Pax Bellum Algae Reactor.

Anyway, would love to hear if anyone else has this system, or a Triton sump from Trigger systems, and uses a roller mat?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

Anybody?

Hambone12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 44v2 with the Clerisea rollermat. It works great. However, I have too much flow so I have one of the lines coming into the sump without any filtration at all. It just dumps right into the sump. I thought this would be an issue, however, my water is still very clean. I guess it takes a few extra passes, but haven't had any issues with algae other than a few little whispers of green here and there. I also have a home-made algae scrubber which seemed to help as well. That's the big bucket sitting on top with the lights in it. Also have a skimmer.

My issue is determining if a roller mat will actually fit underneath and also not get flooded with too much water.
It will not fit underneath the sump lid, as you can see in my images.

I'd love to buy the Theiling Compact Rollermat but just not sure if it will fit or not.
I heard there issues with that one. I don't remember what they were, but that was one of the reasons I didn't buy it. After I made a decision, I deleted that info from my mental RAM lol

Lastly, there was another article on this (https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/roller-mat-for-a-trigger-sump.743020/) but that rollermat would require me to sacrifice my refugium (which would ultimately cost me $500 to get something like the Pax Bellum Algae Reactor.
I have never been successful with refugiums or reactors. Not really sure why. So I would say to not worry about keeping it if you get the rollermat. I tried the triton method and was unsuccessful. Which is why I have this sump in the first place. The image of the display tank is four weeks of no cleaning. So it works pretty well. I am a heavy feeder as well.

If you already made a move, let me know what you ended up doing. I realize this thread isn't very new haha
sump (1).jpg
sump (4).jpg
sump (3).jpg
sump (2).jpg
20231024_122544.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back