Triton What I Like

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
The tank is a mixed reef.I would say 80% sps, maybe more.
Tank is set up as per Triton guidelines
All I have done is follow exactly these guides, I have just tested along the way.
Maybe my tank is one of the 50-25% that it isn't spot on for?
I am not seeing any precipitation nor am I the only person that has found this occurrence.
Do you test your Ca and Mg?

Indeed I do, and should have the latest Triton test back in a day or two :xd: I will update with results on ca/mag when I get it.

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who've been using triton method for some time now, what are you finding for your PO4 and Nitrate levels?
Are you feeding heavy or light?

I really want to embrace this method for my tank but I have a few space challenges so I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this. When I refer to space, I'm referring to my sump area. Currently my fuge is too small to grow macro's, but its great for pods. The reason its too small is because I have my ATO as part of my sump because I live in a NYC apartment and wifey doesn't want me to have an ATO tank on the side.

Now I'm babbling...

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who've been using triton method for some time now, what are you finding for your PO4 and Nitrate levels?
Are you feeding heavy or light?

I really want to embrace this method for my tank but I have a few space challenges so I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this. When I refer to space, I'm referring to my sump area. Currently my fuge is too small to grow macro's, but its great for pods. The reason its too small is because I have my ATO as part of my sump because I live in a NYC apartment and wifey doesn't want me to have an ATO tank on the side.

Now I'm babbling...

Divorce = New Triton Sump

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Triton Macro refugium is really nice and interesting. It's just a suggestion but maybe another aquarium 10-20% the size of the show tank.
There are places to get all kinds of macro algae and you could create a really beautiful show tank out of just macro algae.
The whole Triton system is rally based on this macro refugium.

Gene

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my macros from this guy on ebay - turbo-ocean on eBay

His chaeto was the best chaeto I've ever seen, I'd highly recommend him. I also bough dragons breath from him and it was beautiful. Very nice guy to deal with. I also purchased some Codium here on ebay. Since I've started my fuge I've quadrupled my feeding and my nitrates are still hovering below 1ppm.

acromike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with everything said above with the exception of no more wc. I have a 500 gallon heavily stocked sps reef. With large fisb...primarily angels. I found that water changes are necessary just not as often. Systems vary in complexity.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back