Triton's New Boxes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rip that strip right off - one side will lift and the adhesive strip is underneath - see instructions here
0dc04f0b3b1929a7460e729c1ba01a8c.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rip that strip right off - one side will lift and the adhesive strip is underneath - see instructions here
0dc04f0b3b1929a7460e729c1ba01a8c.jpg
Yea true but I just opened it up like a box poped the top of u will I agree with the hole bag thing tho that seems way smarter maby because the box can be recycled?? I don't know

Actually It's another triton test #36 to see if u are smart or not.

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea true but I just opened it up like a box poped the top of u will I agree with the hole bag thing tho that seems way smarter maby because the box can be recycled?? I don't know

Actually It's another triton test #36 to see if u are smart or not.

Well, I personally thought putting the instructions on how to open & use the box inside the box was particularly diabolical ;)

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my instructions I just pulled out of the garbage. Nothing about the box other than an image with the top flap open.
58b6f604a6261853dd08c6b85894854a.jpg

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember how I did it, but mine was a box also. I know I pulled the strip and flipped the box inside out.

Broadwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the boxes are flimsy. I wonder if this is why my test sample I mailed in went missing and was never tested?? At least Triton support / UniqueCorals was very helpful and was able to provide me with a new replacement test. I'll have to try another test sample and see if this one goes "missing" as well. LOL

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too send the envelope in too triton costs 4 euros too send the box in cost me 16 euros .. because the box will not fit in the postbox .. forget the box just send the envelope in ....

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, ok let me look into this as to why the instructions are not correct.
Tim, just FYI... my box was purchased at my LFS yesterday... FJW in Houston. Not ordered online. Older stock maybe?
Thanks for checking and if you can clear up exactly how the box should be used/folded/sealed before mailing that would be helpful for next time.
Thanks!

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim, just FYI... my box was purchased at my LFS yesterday... FJW in Houston. Not ordered online. Older stock maybe?
Thanks for checking and if you can clear up exactly how the box should be used/folded/sealed before mailing that would be helpful for next time.
Thanks!
Well I can tell you right away that the instruction card had been altered without our knowledge as the bottom two boxes (left and centre) are incorrect so it looks like one of our distributors has altered them. The bottom left box should show opening the box with the tear strip on the back and then show the adhesive portion used to reseal the box. The box should then be secure enough to ship, for extra security of course you can tape the top and the bottom should you wish. Finally the return postage label should be attached and the correct postage should be then added.

Needless to say the instructions should not have been altered without our knowledge and will be investigated so thanks for bringing it to our attention..

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can tell you right away that the instruction card had been altered without our knowledge as the bottom two boxes (left and centre) are incorrect so it looks like one of our distributors has altered them. The bottom left box should show opening the box with the tear strip on the back and then show the adhesive portion used to reseal the box. The box should then be secure enough to ship, for extra security of course you can tape the top and the bottom should you wish. Finally the return postage label should be attached and the correct postage should be then added.

Needless to say the instructions should not have been altered without our knowledge and will be investigated so thanks for bringing it to our attention..

All well and good but instructions inside the box that detail how to properly open the box, don't have a lot of value either. Not a big deal to tape it but if you desire to have that on the instructions, it should probably be on the box vs in the box.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's so weird! But yeah, no worries. Glad to help and get that straightened out.
I guess next time I have one on hand and I tear that strip it will make more sense. I thought maybe that tear strip was for the lab to open it.

If you don't mind me asking, why did Triton move away from the envelopes? Tubes getting damaged in transit?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will look to implement "Tear here to open" on the strip in future packaging to make things clearer, however as you can see on the image it does state to "open carefully" I can see though how it could be a bit ambiguous.

IMG_1290.jpeg

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you tear that tab open, nothing happens. Both flaps on the right and left of that pull tab are glued down something fierce. The only parts that open easily are the tops and bottoms of the box. Again, not a big deal and I love the service, just a minor gripe.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I think I know what is happening here.. again thanks for bringing this to my attention and I will make sure that this is sorted out!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back