Triton's New Boxes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must be missing something... what's up with the new boxes?
I had bought several test kits in bulk when you were still using the envelopes, which worked great.
Now I bought a new test kit and it came in a box. It doesn't seem to have any seal so I taped the heck out of it, but the end flaps still fold inward. I'm going to be shocked when my two test tubes arrive unscathed.
So what gives? Is there an advantage to these vs the old envelopes?
Am I just doing it wrong? lol

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I don't understand the boxes either but I don't think there much of a way to lose the contents either.

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just peel open with the tear strip and there's a strip of adhesive tape to re-seal it. I still taped over the outside to make sure.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just peel open with the tear strip and there's a strip of adhesive tape to re-seal it. I still taped over the outside to make sure.

Where is this tape? I had a stick on shipping label, a bubble wrap bag with a tape strip, and the bar codes in my last two boxes.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I don't understand the boxes either but I don't think there much of a way to lose the contents either.
You do have to tape it up though, right?
I brought the box to work this morning where I could seal it up and put postage on it, and when i pulled it out of my bag, the box it was empty. Tubes were in my bag.
It's just so odd to me, it doesn't even have side flaps to keep the main flap from folding inward.
The instructions don't mention anything about the box, either... other than affixing the address label.
You know some less than smart person is going to just toss the tubes in and drop it in the mailbox as-is. ;)

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt get that. That's the old envelope, isn't it?

No, your sample tubes should have come in a bubble wrapped bag (with the instructions tucked inside) that you reuse and seal (both of mine did anyways).

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All i got was the box, tubes, bar code labels, address label and instructions. And it says to put the address label on the box.

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is this tape? I had a stick on shipping label, a bubble wrap bag with a tape strip, and the bar codes in my last two boxes.

If you open the box with the tear off strip across the box it will open up sideways if that makes sense (it's not very obvious). Once you've opened it that way, you should have a strip on the inside to fasten the box again. If you're opening the box at the end you won't see it. I taped the mailing label on and just continued around the box to make sure it was all closed up. Agreed the envelopes were easier- the change is probably just a marketing thing - to look pretty on store shelves…

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All i got was the box, tubes, bar code labels, address label and instructions. And it says to put the address label on the box.

Hmm, I ordered one early July and just got this one today. Both had the instruction card and sample tubes in a small bubble wrap bag. The bag had a small tape strip on it to reseal the tubes in but I didnt notice anything to seal the box back up with. I taped it as well.

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I ordered one early July and just got this one today. Both had the instruction card and sample tubes in a small bubble wrap bag. The bag had a small tape strip on it to reseal the tubes in but I didnt notice anything to seal the box back up with. I taped it as well.

Yeah I got the bubble wrapped bag too. I just sent one off or I could have taken a pic of the box/tape.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I got the bubble wrapped bag too. I just sent one off or I could have taken a pic of the box/tape.

When you peeled the tear off back, you didn't just open one of the loose ends?

36372403841_3000b79e69.jpg

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you peeled the tear off back, you didn't just open one of the loose ends?

36372403841_3000b79e69.jpg

No. I did that with the first one I got, looked at the instructions (inside - helpful) and was like what the heck? Then the penny dropped when I saw the tear-off strip along the back of the box. I think it's an IQ test* ;)

* I failed too

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you opened one of the glued down flaps? and it was under that? Apparently I went full ****.

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you opened one of the glued down flaps? and it was under that? Apparently I went full ****.

No. Doesn't your box have a perforated tear strip (like you get with the rigid postal envelopes) along the back? Maybe they have different ones on the US.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I tore that off but the flaps on either side of that tear off are glued down so I opened it from the top of the box (like a normal box). I dont even understand why the tear off is there.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly what I did and how my last two looked. Did you find a tape strip in there?
No but I'll double checked I just opened that as I had one laying around

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back