TROPIC MARIN.....BACK TO NORMAL YET???????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a long time TM classic user I was pretty disappointed to find issues with an entire pallet of the classic German salt I got a couple years ago now, just before the "you know what " hit the proverbial fan over there. Still sitting on 20 + buckets I don't think I'll ever use. but that's the past. Not going to re-debate or revive that whole thing here. the purpose of this thread is not to rehash or bash TM. losses were cut. Moved on. stuff happens.

Anyway, I switched brands and got a pallet of Red Sea, that is down to about 5 bags left now. As a life long fan of the TM salt I'd love to go back to it. just wondering if things are back to "normal"? as in, no oily film on the surface or weird floaties or any other issues that were associated with the breakdown a couple years ago.

What is the consensus out there?
I switched to HW marine mix since TM was impossible to get. Been happy with it.

Neoma369

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a long time TM classic user I was pretty disappointed to find issues with an entire pallet of the classic German salt I got a couple years ago now, just before the "you know what " hit the proverbial fan over there. Still sitting on 20 + buckets I don't think I'll ever use. but that's the past. Not going to re-debate or revive that whole thing here. the purpose of this thread is not to rehash or bash TM. losses were cut. Moved on. stuff happens.

Anyway, I switched brands and got a pallet of Red Sea, that is down to about 5 bags left now. As a life long fan of the TM salt I'd love to go back to it. just wondering if things are back to "normal"? as in, no oily film on the surface or weird floaties or any other issues that were associated with the breakdown a couple years ago.

What is the consensus out there?
Welp, I recently got a container of all for reef and though the cal & mag got back to where they should be-by following the directions-I found my Alk was DOUBLED!?! thats just 2023

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welp, I recently got a container of all for reef and though the cal & mag got back to where they should be-by following the directions-I found my Alk was DOUBLED!?! thats just 2023

All for Reef is not designed for raising elements in any serious manner. You’re also supposed to dose based on YOUR tank’s requirements, not the directions on the bottle. Were you changing your dosages based on your alkalinity readings or just blindly dosing?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All for Reef is not designed for raising elements in any serious manner. You’re also supposed to dose based on YOUR tank’s requirements, not the directions on the bottle. Were you changing your dosages based on your alkalinity readings or just blindly dosing?

I don't understand why some hobbyist don't read the instructions before use... As you noted Tropic Marin recommends to adjust the systems Cal, Alk, and Mag to hobbyist desired levels first.

Stuff is pretty darn simple to use.

1701306560999.png

Neoma369

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just trying to get my calcium and mag up, the alk was at 8 but I didn't expect it to hit 22 just to get cal to400!
and mad to 1200

Neoma369

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand why some hobbyist don't read the instructions before use... As you noted Tropic Marin recommends to adjust the systems Cal, Alk, and Mag to hobbyist desired levels first.

Stuff is pretty darn simple to use.

1701306560999.png

Neoma369

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gee whiz!! Thanks!! It never occurred to me that it has instructions, I just sprinkle it in and the fish come and eat it
legally blonde GIF

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 79.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back