Tropic Marin Carbon Dosing

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not intending the vinegar to be consumed directly by the sponges, although it is taken up by many organisms. I was intending the bacteria top be the consumer and the sponges eat the bacteria. Just as was mentioned above for corals.

this is also the reason I started, and have continued, to dose vodka. Not for nutrient reduction but only to boost the food chain for filter feeders. I have switched to all for reef and stopped vodka now so yet another doser head free.

U

User1

View Badges
I was not intending the vinegar to be consumed directly by the sponges, although it is taken up by many organisms. I was intending the bacteria top be the consumer and the sponges eat the bacteria. Just as was mentioned above for corals.

Thanks. I still have a lot to learn about the whole dosing this, that, and what they can or cannot do.

The sponge part caught my attention to be honest. I'm seeing some sponge like things in the darker areas of my tank and also a lot in my overflow box. Maybe it is something I could maybe test and see if it helps them grow. Then again if I'm not dosing it now maybe no need :D

Jakels5253

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using Elimi-NP (a very small amount), but it really helped to turn my tank around.
I am thinking of starting Elimi-np and then switching to balance once my levels are in the desirable range. Did you like it? Are you still dosing balance? How long did you have to dose this? Should I buy both right away or did it take a few months to drop down.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am thinking of starting Elimi-np and then switching to balance once my levels are in the desirable range. Did you like it? Are you still dosing balance? How long did you have to dose this? Should I buy both right away or did it take a few months to drop down.
I never got to the point where I could dose bacto-balance consistently. I used Elimi-NP for a while, but found it necessary to dose nitrate to help out. I then switched over to using PNS Probio and that really helped to lower PO4. I haven’t dosed either for a while now, but I would like to pick up more PNS Probio.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.4%
Back