Trouble connecting AI Hydras

Camron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have two AI Hydra 26s. I have been able to connect to them, pair them, and get them onto my local wifi.

Unfortunately, once I get them onto my local network, I cannot access them on my computer any longer. I can only access them on my phone via the my AI app.

When I attempt to connect to them on my computer via the myAI website,this link nothing appears. If I try to manually input the serial number I get the following message
"Device with serial number (the serial number) is already registered."

I contacted AI and they deleted the prior registry; however, I still get the message. So I contacted them again and got the same copy and pasted email.

I followed these steps:
  1. Hold down the button on the back of the unit until the LED flashes red, then let go
  2. Wait 2 minutes for the indicator light(s) to flash blue/green (light is now hosting a WiFi network).
  3. Go to the WiFi settings on your phone and select (one of) your light's network(s).
  4. Go to the MyAI app and add an AI-FI device by pressing the "+" button.
  5. Follow the setup wizard.

Once the light is connected to the home network, I can access it with my phone only, via the my AI app.
I also tried
  1. Hold down the button on the back of the unit until the LED flashes red, then let go
  2. Wait 2 minutes for the indicator light(s) to flash blue/green (light is now hosting a WiFi network).
  3. Go to the WiFi settings on your computer and select (one of) your light's network(s).
  4. Pair the lights.
  5. Connect the parent to the home network.

Once the light is connected to the home network, I can access it with my phone only, via the my AI app.

Can anyone please provide insight as to how to control these lights via my computer from the network?

Thank you very much!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive always only been able to connect via phone.
If you set up the parent and add children via serial numbers, you should be connected and in unison.

OP
OP
C

Camron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can connect via phone and they are appropriately paired. I can control them with the phone, but get nada from the web based application. I know the web-based app is syncing because I changed my personal information and it changed immediately from phone to website and vice versa.

OP
OP
C

Camron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, I am able to connect to them via the computer by using the direct connection url http://hydra26-serial number.local/index.html

To do this, I had to disable a "feature" my internet provider used that redirected my url to a search engine. Essentially it was faking like the website could not be displayed.

Still no dice on connecting through the cloud/ my AI website.

OP
OP
C

Camron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I connect via my computer, I can direct connect to the lights over the local network but I cannot get them to connect via the cloud/ internet

OP
OP
C

Camron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I was. I was connected to my ai as I was able to modify my personal account info on the app, then see the chamges on the my ai web browser. (I changed the city and state back and forth).

OP
OP
C

Camron

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be in upper right hand corner to choose network, choose yours and reconnect
I have them connected to my wifi.

I cannot control them unless I am connected to my local wifi though.

IE, I cannot be away from home and modify the lighting schedule through the cloud.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back