Trouble keeping angels

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey there, is it just me or does anyone else have trouble keeing angels alive? I got 3 dwarfs for my 75g lagoon but they keep dying after 2 or 3 months even though they are healthy and eating like pigs! Literally they are gk aggressive when feeding they even chase my tang away. But after a few months they just seem to drop dead. Last month i got a flagfin angel for 100 bucks and it died in 1 month. Aggressive eater, extremely friendly(eats from my hand) and fat! But just 2 days ago i found it laying on its side dying. I didnt know how to put it down so i just grabbed some ice and chilled some water with it and put the guy in there to at least put it out of its misery. I just cant seem to keep them alive.... any tips? I love angels and really want to keep them but i cant

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know what is killing you angels. Flame, Potters, Lemonpeel, Bandit, Coral Beauty... I couldn't seem to kill them. Always ended up having to give them away because they were too aggressive and got too large or release them when I was living in HI years ago. I didn't even know what I was doing back then.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan lee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to know what is killing you angels. Flame, Potters, Lemonpeel, Bandit, Coral Beauty... I couldn't seem to kill them. Always ended up having to give them away because they were too aggressive and got too large or release them when I was living in HI years ago. I didn't even know what I was doing back then.
I dont even know whats killing them. I dont see any spots on them or anything. I heard most angels caught in Indonesia are poisoned woth cyanide which can cause the deaths a few months after capture. Also read that if a fish dies from cyanide their bodies stay the natural colour and do not turn all grewish. Which is what happens for me. Their colours are all still there and nice. Could it be because of cyanide? I read it on a forum few days ago

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont even know whats killing them. I dont see any spots on them or anything. I heard most angels caught in Indonesia are poisoned woth cyanide which can cause the deaths a few months after capture. Also read that if a fish dies from cyanide their bodies stay the natural colour and do not turn all grewish. Which is what happens for me. Their colours are all still there and nice. Could it be because of cyanide? I read it on a forum few days ago
I don't know. It certainly is possible. Wholly 98% of all wild fish caught and exported to the US aquarium market from the PI, Indonesia, Sri Lanks are collected using cyanide. We as hobbyists end up with the problem in our tanks. Ultimately, it is our responsibility to put the pressure on the facilities that we get our fish from and in turn the suppliers and wholesalers to put an end to this.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back