Troylee's eco friendly build.....

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'll be followin this like 5-O and lmk about the message i sent you. haha maybe we can bless this tank with some goodies from me! :wink:

Crooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet I like new tanks. What are the dimensions of the tank your going to curb for this one?

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like this is going to be a pretty sweet build Troy! I hope you take lots of pics for those of us looking to pick up some of your mad skills :)

Crooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok now I dont understand why switch from a 7' tank to 6'? I am not trying to rag on you and I know you have a bunch of different sized tanks just wondering.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the 180 better and it made it alot cheaper to light with LEDs lol.... The equipment I have is all optimal for a 180... Either way I was gonna have to build a new tank because my current tank is 1/2" thick and the waves a
Mp60 can produce would tear it to pieces.... I'm going smaller and thicker for that reason alone lol...

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tagging along... can't wait to see some pics!!...

Ok now I dont understand why switch from a 7' tank to 6'? I am not trying to rag on you and I know you have a bunch of different sized tanks just wondering.

sometimes you just want a whole new setup, .... not just a bigger tank!

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think tryo that you are the first person to build a tank around the mp60's lol!! I can't wait to see pics!! Are you going to have anything really special to of in the tank?? Like an a achielles tang like rev? That would be awesome!!!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the achillies but have lost 3 of them and couldn't punish another...:( that's my favorite by far....
I wad Looking at wwc thread the other day I think a white, yellow, an a black tang would be sick!!!!! It would cost a pretty penny but that would be cool IMHO....lol dunno what fish yet lots of wrasses and anthias for sure...
My current tank is deprived because of my pusedochromis "arabian neon dottyback" he killed any wrasse I added..:(

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright guys i haven't got anything accomplished since i started this im behind schedule..:( i will get my hind in gear today and move forward!!!!! ill get some pics today of the led fixture im working on and hopefully get my sump all cut and ready to glue up.... also got my vho bulbs coming today and a sick zoo pack from reef koi!!!! keep your eyes out for some pics here real soon......

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
need pics troy, as it has been said numerous times, this thread is worthless without pics! When are you getting the 60's? thats what I want to see!!

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*sad* page #3, and only one poor picture of acrylic sheets and a controler. J/K, tagging in for this one.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be the awesome!! I think the black yellow white, will be the best, throw in a purple for good measure!!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay here is a couple pics of the partially done diy led fixture.... what a mess with the wiring i will most likely cover the bottom with acrylic and just have the optics showing through... i welded the aluminum on the sides for the vho lights to mount and to put my cherry wood skin around it.... when it's done it will be purty i promise....1smile1 it's still in the testing phases... everything is soldered up but i ave wire in the drivers and clean it way up!!!!
aab8ea22.jpg

064e34b9.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back