Troylee's eco friendly build.....

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy,

This is taking too long. I figured with your last build from sheets of acrylic to running in a week, 12 hours after my last post you would have at least gotten something else done. j/k

are you going to run strictly led, or are you going to supplement with some t-5s for color

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy,

New 454? I am out of the loop on that one. I am still using URI Super Actinic. Do you have a link to the 454
Thanks

Bob

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There awesome I just made the switch like 3 weeks ago or so... They put twice as much light and the colors you were missing reds, orange, pink etc just glow!!!!

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip. Looking forward to the build. Now back to work haha

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At my sons baseball I cAnt get Anthing done he plays 3 times a week and my daughters play soccer 2 days...:(

I know the feeling. I have soccer practice Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Games are Saturday and Sunday and there is sometime a scrimmage on Fridays! I have to sit and check their homework during soccer practice so that they can correct it when we get home. Glad they're having fun!

CJ

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shaweet!!!! Got my ati sunpower 24" t5 fixture for my hidden frag tank in the sump...;) sometimes I love when the ups man comes....
35fae7a2.jpg

a611f902.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also got really close to finishing my led build today... Should be 100 percent operational tomorrow that will just leave me with the cherry skin and crown moulding which is quick and simple then it should be a wrap...

ReefDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant wait to see this build up and running. any pics of the sump,i would like to see your hidden frag tank.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy,

Nice fixture, finally a picture....yay. Now for the tank.......checks watch. waiitng

bob

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant wait to see this build up and running. any pics of the sump,i would like to see your hidden frag tank.

Not yet... I got 4 in front of mine I have to finish...:( between my friends needing stuff and my kids sports I don't think I'll ever finish...:(

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy,

Nice fixture, finally a picture....yay. Now for the tank.......checks watch. waiitng

bob
Checking mine to... I swear it never goes backwards any more...:( this is taking way longer than expected....:(

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean. its like staring at the tank just waiting for another baby polyp to appear

bob

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all good... After I hang that led fixture I will be jazzed it should be good motivation and the rest will take minutes lol... I think the led fixture is really bumming me out honestly..I hate wires there always a mess no matter what ya do and that thing has over 300 looks like a cob web lol.... Once it's out of the way I should have my motivation back...
Btw thanks for tagging along bud...;)

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back