OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill take some pics tomorrow of the sides and top so you can get a idea of how it's gonna look.... it should look like a nice thin canopy hanging from the cieling it will be skinned with cherry wood, crown moulding the whole nine yards...1smile1

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. That is a whole lot of LEDs. Which optics did you go with

Kris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to try to keep an eye on this thread looks like it's going to be a good one. Man I can't wait until I can do a tank build it must be a lot of fun.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys tank isn't gonna be running this week end but I'm gonna get moving on it... Got like 5 spare minutes at work to make templates for the parts and euro...;) normally I get stuff done on lunch break but every day I had to shoot home for deliveries this week got tons of new coral... Anywho here is the templates for tomorrows action... Sunday I'm going riding so that day is gone I only have tomorrow but I should get the majority of the tank done..;)
d5f88d8a.jpg

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Lee. I am anxious to see how you like the LED's once everything is up and going. Gonna be another killer build!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you guys are lucky I might show you the Vegas bomber acro..;)
Or my show size colony of the holy Grail rare Fiji enchinata.... Japanese acans anyone??? Hmmm my zoa garden?? Yeah?? Ok maybe..;)

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well it's either posting or getting this done!!!!!! spending 8hrs a day on here doesn't allow me to get things done lol.... so behave i got a tank to build!!!!!!!"ahahahahahahahahahahah" my goal is to have the lights ready in the next couple days and running by friday my tank can then acclimate to the lighting while i finish the new tank and sump.... i feel its gonna be better this way so it's not a huge shock swapping tanks and lighting etc.....trying to minimize any losses....1smile1 going to work on the leds now..;)

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys I went with 80* per bill at reef led lights... He said when in doubt go with the 80 so I did.... Lol

The good thing about LEDs is that you can customize them. I have 80 degree optics over most of my tank, but switched out for some 60 degree lenses over my clam and some of the SPS that liked more light.

If you do decide to do waterchanges, this might make your life a little easier:
Genesis Reef Systems
CJ

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the tank isn't built yet... The material is cut but I haven't assembled it... Gonna get the lighting done and swap it on my current tank then swap the tanks in like 2 weeks or so... Trying to minimize shock here...:(

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like it is going to be another great build. Loved your last 2 tanks and cant wait to see the mp60's rocking. Now quit posting on here and get to building

bob

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got the raceways to built to hold all my drivers in a nice enclosed system i will be adding these to the fixture tomorrow and finishing the wiring up of the drivers and we will be operational but not complete on the light fixture.... i think it's gonna take longer to get my apex programmed to run them than anything since i don't have a clue what to do or how to even access it..:(

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back