True Silent Pump For EVO 13.5?

tpirovol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I am in search of a true silent pump upgrade for the EVO 13.5 or Flex 15. I have tried the Sicce 1.0 and purchased 2 of them both very noisy as others have said. I figured I might look at a DC motor but I dont think any of them will fit.

Anyone find a DC pump or other pump that is silent or as quite as the Fluval stock one?

Thanks T

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a DC Runner 1.2 and cannot even hear a tiny bit of noise.
never had such a silent return pump tbh.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have the Sicce 0.5 and it is very quiet. It is in my living room and I can’t hear it at all unless I am sat right next to the tank. It’s certainly no noisier than the Fluval pump, but neither are ‘true silent’.

The only time it makes a noticeable noise is if it is touching the tank (I think it is slightly bigger than the stock Fluval pump so this is more likely); on the rare occasion that happens then I wiggle it and it goes quiet again.

OP
OP
T

tpirovol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Sicce 0.5 and it is very quiet. It is in my living room and I can’t hear it at all unless I am sat right next to the tank. It’s certainly no noisier than the Fluval pump, but neither are ‘true silent’.

The only time it makes a noticeable noise is if it is touching the tank (I think it is slightly bigger than the stock Fluval pump so this is more likely); on the rare occasion that happens then I wiggle it and it goes quiet again.
The issue is that its in my sons bedroom on his nightstand so noise is a bit more important :(

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed mine to eheim compacton 1000 and i feel it’s silent with the suction cup feet. Just have to make sure its anchored down and not touching any of the walls of the filter.

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would give sicce 0.5 a try. I can barely hear mine. 1.0 is too strong for that tank anyway. You could also try sicce nano pump, not sure how quite they are.

OP
OP
T

tpirovol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the Jebao DCA-1200. It is silent and works very good. What I found you need to do is dunk the entire unit including the piping into the main tank, hold the top tub to create suction and then drop it into chamber 3 (Removing the bubbles).

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back