OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys I was not patient enough so I removed all the rock plus I found a yellow watchman goby I thought was dead!!! So I grabbed him and put him in the sump. I’ll call my local LFS and see what they say to do.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys I was not patient enough so I removed all the rock plus I found a yellow watchman goby I thought was dead!!! So I grabbed him and put him in the sump. I’ll call my local LFS and see what they say to do.
Yay about the watchman!!!! Sorry you had to remove the rock. How big is your tank? I had mine in a biocube 32 and I honestly think the issues were due to lack of real estate causing fish to feel territorial.

OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay about the watchman!!!! Sorry you had to remove the rock. How big is your tank? I had mine in a biocube 32 and I honestly think the issues were due to lack of real estate causing fish to feel territorial.
It’s a 75 gallon!! Which I thought had plenty of room but I guess not. I’m hoping a week in the sump plus rearranging things will help!

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did that twice on two separate occasions. I actually had to drain the tank but didn't remove the rock. Its amazing, once they are out of water the will find the last half inch of water left. Second time I had to poke under the rock to get a Bi-Colored blenny out lol. Bi-Colors are not reef safe btw. Nor Flamebacks.

OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tomorrow I’ll go buy another clown and try to pair them together, but what do I do about my blenny? Do I give him a second chance after a week or do I go ahead and give him up?

REM2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried the time-out in my QT for a week while I rearrange rockwork/territories twice and neither time worked out for me. Once was for a blue damsel that I honestly knew better than to put in my tank; he was ejected pretty quickly for harassing my clowns. Second one was McMurderFace, also known as my powder blue tang. He killed my male clown and a chromis and was working on the midas blenny before I got him with a fish trap. I wanted to keep him so badly and really, really hoped the new aquascape and a cool-off period would fix things, but he was back to being a jerk two or three days after he went back in. Luckily the LFS was very happy to take him for store credit. I was pretty embarrassed about taking him in, but my LFS was great about it, and if I ever end up with a bad match again, I'd be faster to trade the aggressor in. If you're really attached to the blenny (and you have a fish trap on hand so you don't have to pull rockwork a second time if it doesn't work) then go ahead and give it a try, but if you're more attached to your clowns then honestly I'd skip straight to rehoming/trying to trade to your LFS. Alternatively, if you have a big sump and rocks/macro in it with minimal equipment, that could just be his permanent home.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back