Trying to find Zombie clownfish

graffitireef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was at an LFS and they had these zombie clownfish. They werent for sale and apparently the person they bought them from no longer breeds them. Im trying to find if anybody else has heard or seen these clowns and knows anybody breeding them or how they got to this coloration. Heres some of the same clowns Im talking about in the video below.

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Alpha Aquaculture have you ever seen these?
Yes I've seen them but we are currently not breeding that strain. I've got a couple midnight females in our brood that put out midnights with splotchy colored down areas like the coloration of these. Ime retail aquarium stores have a hard time selling midnights that are faded. If the entire body was faded it would be a different thing but I'm sure those throw a lot of semi faded midnights which ultimately just look like unhealthy midnights lol. Its def a cool breed though. I'm into it!

mtl12580

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was at an LFS and they had these zombie clownfish. They werent for sale and apparently the person they bought them from no longer breeds them. Im trying to find if anybody else has heard or seen these clowns and knows anybody breeding them or how they got to this coloration. Heres some of the same clowns Im talking about in the video below.

I saw the same at Tropicorium, but nfs.

MartinWaite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my clowns as nature makes them without all this silly colouring and even sillier prices to go with them, but their one saving feature is that people are buying these tank bred monstrosities rather than wild caught clowns.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's cool! I've never seen those before!

Drs2140

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure that pair came from a gentlemen named Boon who breeds fish in Michigan. I remember him selling many adult pairs of this fish before getting out. He had a booth at a swap when he cleared out this fish. Wish I would have grabbed a pair. If it didn’t come from him I can almost guarantee they came from someone who got it from Boon. I’ll never forget those clowns. Still kick myself in the butt everytime I go in to Trop and see there pair

MeatMountain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robert Kings Clownfish breeds Zombies and now Black Zombies!! They are actually strains of albinism. He posts live videos on Facebook daily with loads of info. He sells plenty of other morphs as well.

GO CHECK IT OUT!

Richard Severns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look amazing, no end to what might come out next, as someone else said the best thing about these is that their tank raised

Richard Severns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look amazing, no end to what might come out next, as someone else said the best thing about these is that their tank raised

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back