Trying to unveil the magic to insane coral growth!

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not true. My corraline is growing out of control like plating out of control but get slow growth on alot of corals. Alot of my lps and a few acros mostly. Montis ,some zoas, duncan ,stylo cyphastrea leptos and of course green star polyps great growth.
1000% agree with this. I grow corraline like crazy but my acros grow SO SLOW. Now torches and zoas i can grow them all day.

IMO there is no secret sauce. Just every tank is different and you cross your fingers that you have one that grows corals well. I'm about to start dosing a lot of PNS ProBio to try something new.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000% agree with this. I grow corraline like crazy but my acros grow SO SLOW. Now torches and zoas i can grow them all day.

IMO there is no secret sauce. Just every tank is different and you cross your fingers that you have one that grows corals well. I'm about to start dosing a lot of PNS ProBio to try something new.
I think the secret sauce is made by the tank. And the only way to get it is to wait and not change things.

OP
OP
M

morrisDR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think everyone can have growth. If a coral isn't growing at all it should either be placement or a trace element that is low. But for fast growth I would say a higher ph and having a ****loat of money so you can buy yourself a kh monitor.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think everyone can have growth. If a coral isn't growing at all it should either be placement or a trace element that is low. But for fast growth I would say a higher ph and having a ****loat of money so you can buy yourself a kh monitor.
No kh monitor here just test with my Hanna checker every 3-5days to make adjustments to my doser.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's the most important thing I test. Stable alk is key to healthy sps corals.
I know that all my stuff is stable. My 2 sps (not counting monti) are doing amazing. I have a stylo that is loving life and a acro that is too new to notice anything but has kept all its color and has amazing polyp extention.
I also have a really high phos of about .22

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be patient. Once your tank hits the 2-3 year mark, stuff should be growing like crazy if you are doing even normal type of maintenance and have good lighting.

Most of those tanks are all run by super experienced reefers with mature tanks - this is the secret sauce.

besskurz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just playing around with easy corals. For a little more than 1,5 yr.
My home keeping is very "poor" to normal standards.
No wc, no scraping glass, kalk, chaetogrow, iron, iodine. It's a jaubert, no sump,skimmer.. just a wave maker, heater and light.

IMG-20231018-WA0004.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just playing around with easy corals. For a little more than 1,5 yr.
My home keeping is very "poor" to normal standards.
No wc, no scraping glass, kalk, chaetogrow, iron, iodine. It's a jaubert, no sump,skimmer.. just a wave maker, heater and light.

IMG-20231018-WA0004.jpg
That is some crazy growth!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LPS grow faster when they can catch lots of fish food on the drift. They grow when they are fed regularly.

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to add Sonny Harajly’s (SunnyX) bacteria driven reef tank to the list. Check out the insane growth of his tank in just one year harnessing the power of bacteria.

OP
OP
M

morrisDR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to add Sonny Harajly’s (SunnyX) bacteria driven reef tank to the list. Check out the insane growth of his tank in just one year harnessing the power of bacteria.

Thx I will look into it and increase the list also thinking of adding qeeun of reef

Unstoppable algae!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of those tanks are all run by super experienced reefers with mature tanks - this is the secret sauce.
What do you mean by good lighting? I am trying to work on coverage, currently 3 orphek bars over 64 gallon tank (may get 1 more) do you have any tips on flow or other general tips, I’ve seen your corals on here they are beautiful!! Thanks

I just want sps to live

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.1%
Back