Tube Anemone Experiences?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My girl liked them to , until I told her it’s actually a worm haha but a pretty one! Ye seeing them without their tube was pretty interesting
Honestly, seeing them without the tube is a bit disgusting. Cool, like an alien, but still look like a colored slug without mucus.

LacViet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get the pupple tentacles with green inside to complete my collection. And yeah, they can move a bit. they will move far away when they ditch the tube and they rebuild the new one. For over 6 months of keeping them, one of them only moved once.

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Porque no los dos? Haha that was my choice to , you really can’t go wrong I just like purple more
I mean.... I totally could go with both! I’m just worried about space cause it’s a pretty small tank lol. But if I print a magnetic cup/tube thing for them to live in then I can put them on the glass far away from everything (my aquascape is pretty short) and I think it’d be neat to have them like that

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get the pupple tentacles with green inside to complete my collection. And yeah, they can move a bit. they will move far away when they ditch the tube and they rebuild the new one. For over 6 months of keeping them, one of them only moved once.
so if I were to get one and put it in a box/cup and it decided to move out of its tube, could I cover the container in pantyhose so it can’t escape? Would it just chill in there and rebuild? There’s no sand in my tank so I think if it got out it’d either have a detritus tube or be weird and squishy forever

LacViet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if it can rebuild complete tube if no detritus around, but you can just pick it up and put back to the cup. When one of mine moved, i just pick it and move back to where i want. it has not move since.

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if it can rebuild complete tube if no detritus around, but you can just pick it up and put back to the cup. When one of mine moved, i just pick it and move back to where i want. it has not move since.
Perfect, thanks!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so if I were to get one and put it in a box/cup and it decided to move out of its tube, could I cover the container in pantyhose so it can’t escape? Would it just chill in there and rebuild? There’s no sand in my tank so I think if it got out it’d either have a detritus tube or be weird and squishy forever
If one decided to move you probably wouldn't get to it in time before it found a new spot and attached. I like your pantyhose idea though, that could work.

When they ditch a tube they can still get back into it. I had one ditch a tube completely to move over about 6 in. I left the tube in and a week later it had reinhabited the tube casing but backwards. Weird little guys for sure.

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If one decided to move you probably wouldn't get to it in time before it found a new spot and attached. I like your pantyhose idea though, that could work.

When they ditch a tube they can still get back into it. I had one ditch a tube completely to move over about 6 in. I left the tube in and a week later it had reinhabited the tube casing but backwards. Weird little guys for sure.
Okay that’s good, glad to hear it. What type of sand would be best for them to make the tube out of? I want to provide them some in the cups just in case they need to rebuild or something. My idea is to have them kind of like this pic so they’re easy access for feeding, there’s no risk for my other corals, and I think it’d be kinda cool to spy on them through the glass
87968D3E-88DA-4E36-A8B9-3CF56E58D070.jpeg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay that’s good, glad to hear it. What type of sand would be best for them to make the tube out of? I want to provide them some in the cups just in case they need to rebuild or something. My idea is to have them kind of like this pic so they’re easy access for feeding, there’s no risk for my other corals, and I think it’d be kinda cool to spy on them through the glass
Okay now that is super cool and something I'm going to probably have to talk myself out of trying..

From what I understand they secrete a mucus that holds on to everything around them. All of the tubes I have handled have been soft and mushy to the touch so I don't think there's a lot of coarse sand in there. Personally I would go a fine sand mixture with even some light decorative stones on top to let them feel the weight of it.

Depending on how big of a tube you get, you may need a larger hang on the thingy. The last two I brought in had about a 10-in cocoon.

OP
OP
footgal

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay now that is super cool and something I'm going to probably have to talk myself out of trying..

From what I understand they secrete a mucus that holds on to everything around them. All of the tubes I have handled have been soft and mushy to the touch so I don't think there's a lot of coarse sand in there. Personally I would go a fine sand mixture with even some light decorative stones on top to let them feel the weight of it.

Depending on how big of a tube you get, you may need a larger hang on the thingy. The last two I brought in had about a 10-in cocoon.
Thanks!!! I’ll definitely look at them in the store before getting a container. I’ll probably buy them and keep them at the store for a couple days while I get everything together :)

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super cool idea, it’s what I’m thinking for my tank I already have one so far lol might make the switch to an LTA tho

JuiceByCliff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine today! Already my tank favorite. Colors are unreal. Skittles tube anemone from corals anonymous. Highly recommend!

E4A3886D-F015-4A25-867F-99BBA90A8860.jpeg

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the middle of an asd auction and they have an orange one but I just watch a youtube where it stung out his clown fish so bad that he dosnt think the fish will live! I need to use my credit and they dont have much I want now!

My clowns never really swim low so I maybe safe though! Has anyone else had a problem with them stinging or even eating there fish? Do they eat reef roids?

Also I have a spot in fron of a rock that has some rock flower nems, anyone know if they are compatible with each other. I saw one video that the nem grew long and tall! Do they usually do that and my sand bed is only I and1/2 maybe two inches. Is that enough or maybe I can pack some sand around it!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tube anemone is not an anemone at all but a tube worm. It send out sting tentacles very long at night so you can’t place it close to other corals. Clown fish will be sting by then. They feed easily with small bits of seafood like bits of craps, shrimp or fish. Mysis will do well too.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back