Tube worm on Acans

Catfish31504

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, ive has this acans for a while now and its been doing pretty well, but when i woke up this morning i noticed what looked like feathers coming from underneath it, i picked it up and it had a long white tube connecting it to the base. Im wondering if anyone know what this might be, id its dangerous to the fish/corals, and how to get rid of it. To me it looks like a feather duster worm but im not sure. Thank you

Attachments

• 20211014_083608.mp4
    48.9 MB
Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello, ive has this acans for a while now and its been doing pretty well, but when i woke up this morning i noticed what looked like feathers coming from underneath it, i picked it up and it had a long white tube connecting it to the base. Im wondering if anyone know what this might be, id its dangerous to the fish/corals, and how to get rid of it. To me it looks like a feather duster worm but im not sure. Thank you
They use these fans to capture food
To starve them, direct water flow towards them, not at them and they soon will starve and be done. They favor brine shrimp

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not dangerous. That pygmy angel is going to eat it eventually. Just leave it. it is a form of a feather worm. So many species i don't know which it could be.

OP
OP
Catfish31504

Catfish31504

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not dangerous. That pygmy angel is going to eat it eventually. Just leave it. it is a form of a feather worm. So many species i don't know which it could be.
Alright thank you very much, a big relief that it isnt going to be an issue

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Alright, ill put him in an area with higher flow thank you
If it’s only one, you can place a Small dab of gel super glue from the dollar store over the opening and it can’t then eat

OP
OP
Catfish31504

Catfish31504

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive returned my acans to his home and the worm came out right away

Attachments

• 20211014_105547.mp4
    40.4 MB

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive returned my acans to his home and the worm came out right away
Ill keep him as long as he'll stay, the only diffucy is hes under the plug for the acans so his access to food isnt great
mine
Ill keep him as long as he'll stay, the only diffucy is hes under the plug for the acans so his access to food isnt great
Mine are growing under everything lol. They’ll be fine. They can move if needed but often die when they abandon the tube. But if there’s one there’s likely more. They’re a cool addition to any tank

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back