Tunze 5017 Osmolator issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dream54ing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rodger, I know this is a old thread, but I’m experiencing the similar problem. Everything was working fine, until last week it started to act up. when the water is low the pump will pump for couple of seconds and then stops. It beeps and all 4 lights would come on then off. pump tries to kick on again, it shuts off again after a few seconds. This repeats till I unplug the unit. I've unplugged and plugged it back in trying to reset everything, but no workie.

bdupuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share my experience with a similar problem for the sake of others. This thread helped me solve it and I didn’t want to start a new thread for this.

I bought a tunze osmolator nano, hooked everything up and nothing would happen. Following this thread, I tested the pump with a 9v battery and it worked ruling out the pump. Tested the pump directly with the power supply, one wire inside, one wire outside. Nothing happened, indicating a bad power supply. When to a local office supply store and got a new power supply (12v, >1.6 amp) and the unit fired right up.

This is a brand new unit and came in with a bad power supply. Worth checking if you’re having trouble.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a case like this, all you need to do is email us the invoice, serial number and a clear photo of the power supply tip and power supply to rule out water damage and we will send a power supply under warranty. Power supply failures are very rare, they can happen from water damage or any short of the end and from hard impacts as there is a glass fuse inside and spring connections to the power prongs.

bdupuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a case like this, all you need to do is email us the invoice, serial number and a clear photo of the power supply tip and power supply to rule out water damage and we will send a power supply under warranty. Power supply failures are very rare, they can happen from water damage or any short of the end and from hard impacts as there is a glass fuse inside and spring connections to the power prongs.
Will do. Thanks.

bdupuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email sent to [email protected]

bdupuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to follow up. I received the new power supply from Tunze in about 2 days. Very fast shipping. Works great.

Excellent customer service!

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@rvitko Hi. I am having the exact same issues as the OP of this thread. When I power it up, it runs fine. Then it never comes on again. The water in my return chamber is 3 inches below the sensor. My sensor is clean. If I stick the sensor in the water and then let it hang, sometimes it will turn on, but only for a brief while. The unit was working flawlessly. That is, until I lost power 3 days ago. I surmise that this may be when this started. But that is a guess. What should I do?

Back