Tunze ATO Not Working - what do lights mean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rbadger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3155 Osmolator was working fine when I disconnected it from my sump a few weeks back, but when I tried to set it up again today, I get the following:

-Green “Level light comes on”
-About 5 seconds later, all lights go out
-About 10 seconds later, the Level, Too High, and Too Low lights all blink and it starts beeping.
- A few seconds later, the green Level light goes off, but the Too High/Too Low blink and the controller beeps.

Any idea what could be wrong? I tried switching to a new pump and get the same thing.

Thanks!

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the water damage indicator, if it is minor it will be repairable, I would open it (just two small screws in the back) and take a look, if you cannot see it it is likely repairable. Usually it is under the power socket due to plugging in a wet power supply tip, if it is substantial it will not be repairable.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that having all sensors on one magnetic holder might resolve the problem (which is what I discovered ...) . Just a thought ....

That would only be the case if the controller is getting a mixed signal, float is raised or affected by a magnet and the optic sensor is dry, this can happen if the two magnet holders are too close or the sensors are inverted so the float is below the optic sensor.

OP
OP
R

rbadger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did take it apart over the weekend and left it open to dry in case there was any moisture within, and now it seems to be working! Thanks guys!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back