Tunze auto top off 3155 sensor failure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bryanr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read a few other threads about the Tunze 3155 sensor failing. Mine is 3-4 years old and will no longer fill, if I power off the controller and turn it back on it fills for 20 seconds. If I raise the float switch I get the overfill alarm. I cleaned the sensor and have the same issue. I took it out of service for now as I'm doing a tank swap, but I'd love to get my old reliable Tunze a new sensor for the new tank.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do stock replacement sensors, they are $29.49 installed. We don't sell this part outright as when replaced the controller must be recalibrated and some times the only issue is the calibration was erased or reset by a power irregularity. I would be sure the sensor is shiny clean, they should be cleaned only by soaking in vinegar or citric acid and wiping with a soft towel, the usual culprit is mineral deposits blinding the sensor and scrubbing or scraping can scratch or scuff the sensor and ruin it.

OP
OP
B

bryanr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK i will give it a longer soak in the citric acid pump cleaner I bought. I only use microfiber cloths around my tanks. If a good soak doesn't work i'll let you know as $30 is fine to get this thing running! Thank you for the reply!

Back