tunze osmolator 3155 help

Oba97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently extended my tunze by about 15’ from the ato water to my sump. I used stranded 14 AWG wire and 1/4” drip irrigation tube. There is a vertical rise of ~5’. When I first turned it on it worked no problem. After it’s initial cycle I raised the sensor in my sump, the controller will turn the pump on but no water will flow. I check the pump and it’s making noise but nothing is pumping. Even if I pull the 1/4” tube out noting is pumping. Any ideas?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tunze 3155 has a max head of 6'. Maybe by extending the horizontal distance, it's just taxing the pump too much. BRS has a video that explains how to replace the Tunze pump on the osmolator with one with more umph. Could be an option. As long as it's hooked up right, I don't think the wiring or the tubing is the issue. Hope this helps.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @Auquanut , sounds like the head is too much for the pump. I am wondering if that much head broke the impeller on the pump, 15 ft of 1/4 in line doesn't sound like much, but for the pump that is included with the 3155 that is a lot of back pressure, so when it turned on it may have broke it.

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unplug and then re-plug it in. When you here the pump running lift and lower the pumper several times in the ATO container to get the the siphon going. Hope that makes since

OP
OP
O

Oba97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I shut it off and leave it for a bit then try again it will kick on and pump for a short while. After about 20-30 seconds the flow will stop even though it should still pump. Is there a safety shutoff if there is too much pressure?

OP
OP
O

Oba97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just did a test. I moved the ato water next to my tank and used all original parts. It did the exact same thing. Ran for a bit then ramped down to a stop. The controller showed the pump should be in and I heard a slight hum from the pump but it wasn’t pumping. Do you think I have a bad pump?

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try to switch the wires. Had to do that to mine a couple times over the past few years to get it acting right. Also, there’s a BRS video that explains how to open up the black box and adjust the pump speed. You may have to turn it up all the way to get it to handle the height you want. (It’s toward the end where they talk about advanced settings)

OP
OP
O

Oba97

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I opened it up and turned all the way up it would beep and flash all 4 lights, but wouldn’t pump at all??

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I shut it off and leave it for a bit then try again it will kick on and pump for a short while. After about 20-30 seconds the flow will stop even though it should still pump. Is there a safety shutoff if there is too much pressure?

Did not know is had that pressure shutoff.. Maybe Tunze can help

Back