IMG_5774.JPG
IMG_5771.JPG
IMG_5772.JPG

Slicktop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything in the tank looks happy... Corals are awesome and colorful which we all strive to achieve. If i missed it I am sorry, but what lights are you currently using and what are you feeding your corals ?

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Everything in the tank looks happy... Corals are awesome and colorful which we all strive to achieve. If i missed it I am sorry, but what lights are you currently using and what are you feeding your corals ?
Thank you. I'm using 400 watt radiums with 4 t5 supplement lights. I don't feed corals directly. I just feed fish and add amino acid twice a week. I keep my po4 between 0.05 and 0.15 and hardly ever check my nitrates although when I do it's always around 5. I add different strains of bacteria once a week and I do 5 ml of Red Sea nopox. I always aim for steady alk.

Slicktop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank! Maybe i will be there one day.. LOL.. I use 250 watt Radium and t-5's myself. I recently had a dosing timer stay on and my alk shot up to 10.5. I was lucky and caught it before it emptied the container. What dosing pumps do you use ? I am looking for one that is reliable. Thanks

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great tank! Maybe i will be there one day.. LOL.. I use 250 watt Radium and t-5's myself. I recently had a dosing timer stay on and my alk shot up to 10.5. I was lucky and caught it before it emptied the container. What dosing pumps do you use ? I am looking for one that is reliable. Thanks
I have a cal reactor for alk mag and cal but I do test the alk every day almost causevfir sps it is the most important. For dosing trace elements and nopox I use ghl profilux. They are very reliable.

914joe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!!! Love your tank... Ive been stalking you over at MR and now I'm keeping an eye on your action here too:)

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome!!! Love your tank... Ive been stalking you over at MR and now I'm keeping an eye on your action here too:)
Thank you. Don't be a stranger. I get a lot of comments that my tank is inspiring. i hope that my posts help out others to achieve their goal in this beautyfull hobby

rickster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, That is an amazing tank. I can only wish that my tank would look half as good as yours! do you purchase your corals locally? because they are amazing...

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, That is an amazing tank. I can only wish that my tank would look half as good as yours! do you purchase your corals locally? because they are amazing...
Thank you. Your tank can look as good as any ones, stay focused and deciplined. It's a simple hobby but we like to complicate things. Most of my corals are from reefers on the hobby some from here on reef to reef and some from local stores.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back