OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Understood as I’ve paid that much before. I just got my Frag tank setup and will soon be starting my 90 build.
Do you know if a person can bring corals with him on plane? He probably have to check it in with luggage

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had to upload this pic since it is turning out into some beauty.
Snapseed.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful photography TUSI, very nice indeed, and congratulations on the Reef Tank 365 award, very well deserved.

Diggler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just finished reading and drooling over your build thread.
Its been said a lot but I'll say it again, ITS STUNNING!!!!!

Everything about this tank is great, aquascape, coral selection & placement and fish list.
It must make you smile every time you look at it

I have some questions for you if you don't mind answering them for me.

I also have a tank that's heavily stocked with SPS. Its at the point where I have to frag to stop coral warfare.
Have you any tips/pointers on preventing this and getting them to grow in harmony?

I plan on setting up a bigger tank in the next year and a peninsular style tank is a option. Is there anything you would recommend or things to look out for or anything I should consider before buying the tank?

also, a thread update of yours would be great as well.
Thanks,
-Tony

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've just finished reading and drooling over your build thread.
Its been said a lot but I'll say it again, ITS STUNNING!!!!!

Everything about this tank is great, aquascape, coral selection & placement and fish list.
It must make you smile every time you look at it

I have some questions for you if you don't mind answering them for me.

I also have a tank that's heavily stocked with SPS. Its at the point where I have to frag to stop coral warfare.
Have you any tips/pointers on preventing this and getting them to grow in harmony?

I plan on setting up a bigger tank in the next year and a peninsular style tank is a option. Is there anything you would recommend or things to look out for or anything I should consider before buying the tank?

also, a thread update of yours would be great as well.
Thanks,
-Tony

Hi Tony, Thank You so much for all the compliments.I get asked the question about coral warfare a lot, one thing that I always advise is to try to put corals at different heights so corals tend to work around each other. Believe it or not corals do sense each other. I also try to put corals of same species near each other. Also glue the corals to a small rock and then the small rock to to main display rock work so if you need to elevate or move you will be able without stressing the actual coral. hope this help you with this part of question.
As far as a peninsula type tank, that raises a lot of questions due to the fact of flow and clean glass appearance . My tank is closed loop so that help a lot with flow, I would have done it a little different with raising the piping higher up in the rock work. Hate the look of power heads. If you like the idea of a closed loop you will have to split the overflow box so make sure the overflow box is large enough cause mine is not as big as I should have done it. You will need the overflow box to be bigger since it is on one side of the tank instead of the middle. Feel free to ask me questions hope I can be of help. Thank You again very much appreciated.
Joe

OP
OP
TUSI

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
YES!! @TUSI your followers would love an update!! :D :D
I will soon, I have been dealing with some family issues and had no time. I haven't been involved on R2R as I have been in the past and I feel guilty cause I love this Family. But soon Ill be back to my normal self.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will soon, I have been dealing with some family issues and had no time. I haven't been involved on R2R as I have been in the past and I feel guilty cause I love this Family. But soon Ill be back to my normal self.
We love you too, bro. Miss you, but completely understand! Looking forward to having you back!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TUSI...good to hear from you and the tank is looking amazing, but that's nothing new.:)

Diggler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Tony, Thank You so much for all the compliments.I get asked the question about coral warfare a lot, one thing that I always advise is to try to put corals at different heights so corals tend to work around each other. Believe it or not corals do sense each other. I also try to put corals of same species near each other. Also glue the corals to a small rock and then the small rock to to main display rock work so if you need to elevate or move you will be able without stressing the actual coral. hope this help you with this part of question.
As far as a peninsula type tank, that raises a lot of questions due to the fact of flow and clean glass appearance . My tank is closed loop so that help a lot with flow, I would have done it a little different with raising the piping higher up in the rock work. Hate the look of power heads. If you like the idea of a closed loop you will have to split the overflow box so make sure the overflow box is large enough cause mine is not as big as I should have done it. You will need the overflow box to be bigger since it is on one side of the tank instead of the middle. Feel free to ask me questions hope I can be of help. Thank You again very much appreciated.
Joe

Thanks Joe for getting back to me. I may ask your other questions when I'm closer to pulling the trigger on the new tank.
In the meantime tho, heres a link to my tank thread, please drop by and any suggestions or critism is welcome.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/irish-reef.297760/

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back