Tuxedo Urchin Feeding

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if a tuxedo Urchin will eat algae wafers. I been feeding green seaweed and ran out. I have a bag of Algae Wafers and was just curious if anyone has witnessed them eat this before. Thanks

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if a tuxedo Urchin will eat algae wafers. I been feeding green seaweed and ran out. I have a bag of Algae Wafers and was just curious if anyone has witnessed them eat this before. Thanks
Would assume so, mine just mows the fields....why feed it , when its already there? You have no algae?

OP
OP
ScottyD36

ScottyD36

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would assume so, mine just mows the fields....why feed it , when its already there? You have no algae?
Yea I don't have much Algae growing currently. I noticed my tuxedo urchin spines starting to fall off and all my parameters are in normal range no crazy fluctuations, so I assume its a feeding issue. So trying to get it more food to see if it perks back up.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, like white on rice! I had a green urchin that would literally sprint across the tank and park his urchin a** on top of the rock with seaweed attached.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should with no problem. My pincushion was a garbage disposal

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I don't have much Algae growing currently. I noticed my tuxedo urchin spines starting to fall off and all my parameters are in normal range no crazy fluctuations, so I assume its a feeding issue. So trying to get it more food to see if it perks back up.
Ah ok, this is a relatively new setup then... I would surmise it will go to where the food is time being, so for sure dose it.

revenant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much all my critters know about the magically replenishing nori clips I put in each day.. one on either side of the tank.. I split one sheet between the two. My tuxedo rarely goes there but the spiny does. Hermits and conches love them too.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back