TV Tanked learns a hard lesson from hasty fish stocking.

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:nono:how can they still be in business? I'm puzzle really :fear:

they really do build nice tanks, the show is just that.. a show.. if you google some of their work (outside of tvland) they do make very nice, and very pricey, large custom tanks.. remember that the clowns you are seeing on tv are meerly cashing in on the reality tv craze..

btw, they have said off air that things don't work anything like they do on tv, that most of it is edited to make it look like they build a tank and throw fish in (and they have expressed that they don't particularly like it edited that way, not their choice)... remember that 90% of their target audience would be bored if they went all fish-nerd.. oh, here's a great show idea, lets watch a tank cycle for 3 weeks.. would that be entertaining to most people?

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bunch of idiots
completely shameful
breaks my heart amazing tanks amazing specimens down the drain all for an hour slot.
animal planet you re slipping up hardcore with the crap you put on lately.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I knew this was eventually going to happen.. They should have stuck to making tanks.. This is bad for our hobby which is under fire. Right now the new bill stop importing of 80+ corals just go new momentum and so did the movement in Hawaii to bad all fish that started up again.

jasonrodreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best people to contact would be animal planet..They are the ones who edit what they want and do not want.

jasonrodreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WATCH Aquarium Kings instead. I would like to see at least one mainstream show on aquariums but done the right way. Still far away but if we tell the producers of the shows what we want then we should see it..If not do not watch it go support the people who are showing the proper ways to keeping a tank.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium kings is a lot if fun. Especially the one about the Marlin's stadium. I've seen it and it's beautiful!!

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
12g Nanoreef. Zooanthids, Ricordia, Star Polyps, Acans and two clownfish. CF Lighting, 75% actinic blue, 25% 10,000k white.

Shadow1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better served by writing the advertisers and boycotting them cut off the money, get a MACNA email drive going.

edsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
watched fish tank kings. while they were catching lobster. a must see

Planedoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was there at the store and talked with Brett. They have built there company because they know what they are doing. TV dramatizes everything. If you have any doubts about their tank habits go to there store and look at the tanks in the store. They are all perfect. People have wants and dreams that atm makes happen. In the end bills are not paid and tanks are not maintained. Some tanks I think are built in a way that they have no hope of being maintained. Bottom line is aside from TV, ATM has 1000's of tanks that are some of top tanks in this world.

Tapatalk on Galaxy S3

Planedoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Brett's personal eel tank in the new retail store.

Tapatalk on Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371776670160.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371776670160.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 229

edsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had contacted them to build a tank and they were rude and unorganized

edsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was there at the store and talked with Brett. They have built there company because they know what they are doing. TV dramatizes everything. If you have any doubts about their tank habits go to there store and look at the tanks in the store. They are all perfect. People have wants and dreams that atm makes happen. In the end bills are not paid and tanks are not maintained. Some tanks I think are built in a way that they have no hope of being maintained. Bottom line is aside from TV, ATM has 1000's of tanks that are some of top tanks in this world.

Tapatalk on Galaxy S3

so was the tank with the sharks that the thread is about not paid for or maintained ?

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but don't they just build and stock the tanks? Isn't it up to the owners of said tank to feed and maintain the tank? Unless they sign a maintenance contract to go with the tank, which I highly doubt they do. The show is about entertainment. That's it. If it doesn't entertain you then don't watch it. It's a pretty simple concept really.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP on my iPhone while I am hiding from work!

edsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah that's great entertainment
taking things from there home and putting them into an enclosed system that is not ready to support them so they die

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, since the show came out certain people have been sitting around waiting for this to happen so they can do some bashing. If you actually read the article, you will read that the ATM people did exactly what they were told to do by their employer, Applebee's. The article scolds ATM for not standing up to the customer an telling them no. If they don't do the tank, Applebee's will find somebody else who will. In the end it is a show meant for entertainment, there are several documentaries on ocean life if somebody wants something educational.

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, since the show came out certain people have been sitting around waiting for this to happen so they can do some bashing. If you actually read the article, you will read that the ATM people did exactly what they were told to do by their employer, Applebee's. The article scolds ATM for not standing up to the customer an telling them no. If they don't do the tank, Applebee's will find somebody else who will. In the end it is a show meant for entertainment, there are several documentaries on ocean life if somebody wants something educational.

Agreed, how many of theses bashers have cycled their tank with fish, or placed something they shouldn't in their tank. The show wasn't designed for reefers.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure all of the bashers have never caused harm or death to any organism in their care. They are perfect. We shouldn't judge them. Oh wait.....they are judging others...

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP on my iPhone while I am hiding from work!

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They released a statement but it was retracted. Basically saying the news article had a lot of false info..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back