Two COR Pumps — One Apex?

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to connect two COR pumps to a single Apex?

I have a COR-15 as a return pump for my system, and I’d like to add another one for redundancy, if possible. If I pick up a second COR-15, then can I connect it to my Apex while the original is connected?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each COR pump counts as an expansion module. The Apex supports up to 29 modules maximum.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely no issues. I run 2 Cor-20's on my system. One is dedicated to Display Tank flow only, and the second Cor20 is running a manifold that runs a Frag Tank, CaRx, and a 90G FOWLR.

U

User1

View Badges
Already answered :) The resounding answer is yes. I have two Cor 15's and a Cor 20 with my single Apex. Originally I had a pair of Cor 15's. One for skimmer and the other for the return. Same bulk head fitting it came with means that if my return pump failed I could take the skimmer off line in a minute and bring the return back optional. I also did this because I was traveling a lot for work so anyone could do this with little to no trouble.

I have two 1" returns connected to 1" sea swirls and while the Cor 15 was running fine it wasn't enough movement after I added random flow nozzles. I saw the Cor 20 was on sale a couple weeks back so picked one up. That is on the return with the longest plumbed Sea Swirl and the Cor 15 is on the shortest. All three are using the same fitting so easy to swap should something happen. In fact one cool feature is I'm using a virtual outlet that switches on/off every 6 hours to adjust the flow between the two returns simulating a high and low tide. Works well once I got some help from the Neptune forums to explain the custom code to me.

Great pumps really.

frasers4th

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely no issues. I run 2 Cor-20's on my system. One is dedicated to Display Tank flow only, and the second Cor20 is running a manifold that runs a Frag Tank, CaRx, and a 90G FOWLR.
I have a question about how you connected the COR’s to the system. Did you use the Aquabus cable’s to a 1 LINK and then 1 LINK to the BASE UNIT or the EB832?

I’m trying to connect the 2 in my set up.

frasers4th

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each COR pump counts as an expansion module. The Apex supports up to 29 modules maximum.
I have a question about how you connected the COR’s to the system. Did you use the Aquabus cable’s to a 1 LINK and then 1 LINK to the BASE UNIT or the EB832?

I’m trying to connect the 2 in my set up and have gotten confused about how is best to connect them and if done by aquabus cables?(that is all that was in the box) and if so, do the ports on the BASE UNIT or on the EB832 make a difference?

frasers4th

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already answered :) The resounding answer is yes. I have two Cor 15's and a Cor 20 with my single Apex. Originally I had a pair of Cor 15's. One for skimmer and the other for the return. Same bulk head fitting it came with means that if my return pump failed I could take the skimmer off line in a minute and bring the return back optional. I also did this because I was traveling a lot for work so anyone could do this with little to no trouble.

I have two 1" returns connected to 1" sea swirls and while the Cor 15 was running fine it wasn't enough movement after I added random flow nozzles. I saw the Cor 20 was on sale a couple weeks back so picked one up. That is on the return with the longest plumbed Sea Swirl and the Cor 15 is on the shortest. All three are using the same fitting so easy to swap should something happen. In fact one cool feature is I'm using a virtual outlet that switches on/off every 6 hours to adjust the flow between the two returns simulating a high and low tide. Works well once I got some help from the Neptune forums to explain the custom code to me.

Great pumps really.

I’m trying to connect the 2 in my set up and have gotten confused about how is best to connect them and if done by aquabus cables?(that is all that was in the box) and if so, do the ports on the BASE UNIT or on the EB832 make a difference?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back