Uh oh.. Will it hold?

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...Nearly impossible to get an aquarium where i live because of shipping costs alone but i recently over paid for an aquarium and when i arrived home it was like this.... It bothers me a little but im just wondering do you guys think it will effect its structural integrity or is she still solid ?

20190908_113442.jpg 20190908_113456.jpg

Matteo Diaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where did you buy it from? If I were you I would request an immediate refund or a massive discount for a new one or a replacement and tell them that if they don't resolve it you will post a review with pictures saying how unsatisfied you were.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhhh...yikes! Can't tell if it's plastic which is fixable or if the glass/silicone seals are blown from the pic. Also fixable but lots more technical work I wouldn't trust it. If new get your money back, if shipping issue might out of luck and consider the first. As long as glass isn't cracked... salvageable but will need expert how to advice.

jurgenph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm sure it'll hold.

but... any tank builder that takes any pride in their work would not let this ship out to a customer.
either someone in QA messed up, or this builder just doesn't care.

if it was me, i'd request that they exchange this one. unless it was dirt cheap :)

J.

Matteo Diaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...Nearly impossible to get an aquarium where i live because of shipping costs alone but i recently over paid for an aquarium and when i arrived home it was like this.... It bothers me a little but im just wondering do you guys think it will effect its structural integrity or is she still solid ?

20190908_113442.jpg 20190908_113456.jpg
looks as if the silicone seal is broken so not solid but if you think it's worth it, what you can do is take all the glass apart and strip silicone with a razor and then clean with acetone. then you have to get a perfect 90 degrees and silicone. remeber if you silicone one part the whole tank has to be siliconed and new silicone doesn't stick to old silicone.

OP
OP
actik

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, im trying to work with my only LFS who knows even less then i do about aquariums...if nothing gets resolved i will try to repair.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Return it , UNLESS impossible and you can reinforce with two part epoxy. the trim is not critical to the structure as many remove it to acquire rimless look

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i'm sure it'll hold.

but... any tank builder that takes any pride in their work would not let this ship out to a customer.
either someone in QA messed up, or this builder just doesn't care.

if it was me, i'd request that they exchange this one. unless it was dirt cheap :)

J.

Curious - if you're 'sure it will hold' should would you request that they exchange it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back