Uk corals and fish stores

sesbalders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning UK reefers

I always get jealous looking on us sales threads on here. Seems to me the us market gets much much better choice than us with corals.

My LFS (world of water quedgeley) is absolutely awesome, and the guys will get you in anything you want.

However me and my son do like to have a mooch around. My question is, what are some fls with really great corals in the uk? I’ve heard tees reefs in Birmingham is amazing.

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning UK reefers

I always get jealous looking on us sales threads on here. Seems to me the us market gets much much better choice than us with corals.

My LFS (world of water quedgeley) is absolutely awesome, and the guys will get you in anything you want.

However me and my son do like to have a mooch around. My question is, what are some fls with really great corals in the uk? I’ve heard tees reefs in Birmingham is amazing.
Aquatics centre in Taunton is suppose to be good, it’s not massive but it has a pretty good coral range and a few fish, I can’t find any good coral shops near me either

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning UK reefers

My local World of Water (Lutterworth, Leicestershire) has just stopped selling marine fish & equipment, which is an absolute tragedy. Their tanks were spotless, their fish always looked well fed and healthy and, as you say, they were willing to (try to) find anything you asked for.

I'm very sad.

OP
OP
S

sesbalders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local World of Water (Lutterworth, Leicestershire) has just stopped selling marine fish & equipment, which is an absolute tragedy. Their tanks were spotless, their fish always looked well fed and healthy and, as you say, they were willing to (try to) find anything you asked for.

I'm very sad.
It’s a common story I’m afraid. We did have a a Maidenhead aquatics, aqua jardin and an independent near by. Covid killed aqua jardin (which wasn’t a shame because they were surly bleaders) the other two don’t do marine any more, we do have real reefs in Cheltenham who is also brilliant, trouble is the opening hours and location don’t suit my work pattern.

paul01609

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of stores near me have cut back or closed coral bays down because of the spiralling cost of electric

parclife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef passion in Tavistock is good and the Maidenhead aquatics in Truro is great with a good size collection.

mydemun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i guess its worth to mention our LFS in oxford The Goldfish Bowl , its massive , not quite sure how long they been open but first time saw the shop was like 14 years ago , they really sell everything you would think,

juno42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning UK reefers

Future Frags and Aquatics have an amazing selection. I can't wait til my tank is more mature. They are in stoke on trent but have a website too

Tyler Venemore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Octopus 8 Aquatics in Brough near Hull is great, they’re my lfs and in my opinion by far the best in the North Lincolnshire/Hull area. I chose to drive 45 minutes every week or two to go get water, supplies etc when there is another marines store only five minutes from my house!

I always leave the shop with something new

Another shop worth mentioning is Kettering Aquatics, they have a large selection of livestock at very reasonable prices. They’re a good 2 hour drive away from me so I only really go if I’m nearby for work. They upload quite frequently on their Facebook page so you can get a good look at what they have in before committing to the drive there

Tomb85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going tees reef today so can update for people later but its meant to be amazing and has all great reviews. My favourite store I've been to is in harlow it's called AAC. They stock everything and have there own coral farm aswell. They also order in anything you want and wont sell it till after its been through quarantine and is healthy to leave which is good.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re in the south, The Ocean Project in Dorset is great for fish and corals, I’ve gotten some rarities from there.
And another good one is Reef Keeper Windsor, again they’re good for their rarities. I’ve seen Marcellae Butterflies pass through there as well as Line Spot Triggers.

Most of the animals in this tank are from TOP,
IMG_9028.jpeg

And here’s some of the fish/corals I’ve gotten from there. I’ve not gotten much from RK yet, but every few weeks I go down and see what they have.
IMG_9015.jpeg

IMG_8986.jpeg

IMG_8961.jpeg

IMG_8950.jpeg

IMG_8948.jpeg

IMG_8771.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

Both LFSs generally have fat and healthy live stock, and if you’re after something they’ll usually find it :)

ukgeoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maidenhead Aquatics in Wilton closed down their marine section, and Reef Dreams in Totton closed completely due to the challenges brought on by COVID-19. Even one of my favourite online stores, Polyp Box, seems to have gone offline.

Since they closed, I discovered The Ocean Project near the New Forest. They've got the most amazing selection of livestock around, and not too far from where I live in Salisbury.

I'm lucky to have a couple of other options close by too. Porton Garden Centre in Porton and Dobbies Garden Centre in Andover are both within arm's reach. While Dobbies wins regarding livestock, Porton's got the accessories game.

I've just returned from the camping show at the NEC and stayed overnight. I wish I'd seen this post, as I would've visited tees reef yesterday... I do love a good reef shop :) AAC is on my list, but it's a 6-hour return trip from where I live....

Last edited:

Tomb85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went reefkeeper in rugby the other day, it was OK not great or impressive in anyway. They had a good live stock selection and corals price wise abit on the high side and some corals very expensive. Stock of products not very good.
Today I went TeesReef and they had great stock of fish and corals with great prices and even a bargin £10 section with softies and sps selection in. Nothing was over priced in anyway. They had a good stock of products and even a play section if you go with kids so they don't get bored. This will be the only place I go from now on.... Amazing!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 46 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back