UK Unusual Acros

Hubbs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All from across the pound,

picked up a couple of nice Acros a couple of months ago and colours seem to be doing really well.

First is a unnamed rainbow Tenius which is showing some lovely colours.

Second is an unnamed acro that is predominantly green but showing signs of yellow, polyps are a very deep red/brown.

If anyone has any ideas what they are that would be nice.

Thanks

Rainbow Tenius.jpg Unknown Acro.jpg

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, but they look nice. Curious to see how the tenuis will develop as time goes on. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
H

Hubbs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, but they look nice. Curious to see how the tenuis will develop as time goes on. Keep us posted.
Thanks, certainly got deeper colours on the Green one and many colours coming through on the tenius, must be doing something right lol

OP
OP
H

Hubbs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious as to how much do you get charged for frags like the ones you've just acquired? Eerrmmm they're not bad at all.
For the tenius I paid £30 (wasnt coloured up) and the green one I paid something like £15 I believe. :)

OP
OP
H

Hubbs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's actually a steal IMO. Can't complain with that pricing ...
Yeah the vast majority of frags over here are well priced compared to those in the US, however a lot of people are now cottoning on to giving it a name and charging 10x the amount.

OP
OP
H

Hubbs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's not a good sign for local reefers right? That's simply ridiculous & greedy IMO.
Just seems to be the way the hobby is going in the UK, I do a lot of swaps with a few hobbyists and just pay postage. Helps to have pieces of your fav coral dotted around if you lose it etc. A lot of standard pieces are going for silly money as people have got greedy with it.

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even super duper nice acro frags here (hard to come by) have either double or more in pricing. Back when buying a large sps colony was so affordable and nothing being mentioned about some funny name like Tenuis specimen.

OP
OP
H

Hubbs Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even super duper nice acro frags here (hard to come by) have either double or more in pricing. Back when buying a large sps colony was so affordable and nothing being mentioned about some funny name like Tenuis specimen.
The Indo ban has made corals sky rocket in price as the exporters and wholesalers have cottoned on so charging more.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back