Unanswered threads???

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i avidly do that late night ,just last night pulled all i could answer,and a bump to the important ones i could not,to say who i have ran into the most doing this is @Flippers4pups many of late nights ;)

That time has come and gone. I use to be able to stay up later, but not now with my work schedule. Sorry, its bed time for the Flipper.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now what really bugs me is when somebody's giving really, really bad information on the forum in conjunction with there being a history of the somebody providing bad information...flips table.
I’m seeing more and more of this lately. I hope it’s just due to the fact that Im spending more time around here than I have in the past. It’s getting hard for me to just let it slide, when someone makes a statement sound like an undisputed fact but really it’s just a guess they’re throwing out there.. how are inexperienced folks supposed to know the difference? Doing their own research of course, but not everyone will.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m seeing more and more of this lately. I hope it’s just due to the fact that Im spending more time around here than I have in the past. It’s getting hard for me to just let it slide, when someone makes a statement sound like an undisputed fact but really it’s just a guess they’re throwing out there.. how are inexperienced folks supposed to know the difference? Doing their own research of course, but not everyone will.
if i see wrong info ,will politely give my opinion,heck,could be mine we don't know everything..nah,,were good :cool:

krash7172

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what's worse. No answers or 20 different answers. Sometimes when I see someone new to the hobby that I think really needs advice, I PM them. I'll give my opinion, share experiences and also try to direct them to sources of quality information. No need for drama. I've mentioned before that a voluntary mentor badge would be cool. Turn it on when you are willing to help others 1 on 1 and maybe cut down on redundant questions that we all have early on.

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate those who enjoy the forum. there is a lot of repetition but i learn from it. communication is part of the enjoyment. if you have answered a question enough, let some newer person who has just learned the answer have the pleasure of passing on their new knowledge. every body wins.

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mostly what I've been doing is citing where I'm getting the information that I have. I haven't come across this specific example just yet, but if somebody says something like "you can totally house clownfish with a baby epaulette in a 29", then I'm swooping in there with a liveaquaria link to epaulette sharks, and probably a reference to MonsterFishKeepers. Even better if it's an industry expert, thank goodness MACNA's videos got uploaded to Youtube...

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just came to say great job all 9 last count :cool:

Conovan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new and by the time I come here to check for answers its to confirm or debunk an opinion I have after watching several videos and reading any articles I can find. Always helps to see what people who have experience think. Either that or I find a tang or lighting thread and just watch the fun.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'm a new mod here, but I've been viewing unanswered threads for that very reason. In some cases, I have nothing to add, so I stay silent (grin).

Jay Hemdal
Surely you should have some sort of badge/award for quickest mod status earned. You've only been here 18 days :cool:

I had no idea that button even existed, or the subsection if you are on desktop.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surely you should have some sort of badge/award for quickest mod status earned. You've only been here 18 days :cool:

I had no idea that button even existed, or the subsection if you are on desktop.
Ha! I used to be a Sysop for compuserve back in the 1980s, so I paid my dues the hard way....
Jay

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did it guys!!
8FB7077D-C1CC-4938-BC71-07D7E89ACABC.png

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i'm with ya,on this one game on!!;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone for making sure everyone gets answers and the right answers! :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back