Uncommon addition for 20 gallon?

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a 10month old 20 gallon up with banggai cardinal, royal gramma and cherub angel. Im thinking about moving my cardinal to my 10 gallon and was wondering what new fish should i get? I would like something more uncommon or unusual. Ive looked at wrasse
Possum, pink streak and leopard wrasse however i think they need a bigger tank.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalk Bass. Blue hues look great under the lights. Interesting fish to watch. I have one in my 20 gallon. They max out at 3”.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i keep thinking about one of those
I have several “Unusual fish” for a nano, my personal favourites are the four wrasses that fit in this tank; Pseudocheilinops ataenia, Wetmorella albofasciata, Wetmorella nigropinnata, Wetmorella tanakai.
Other unusual fish are;
- Basslets (Blue Assessors are my favourites),
- Chalk Bass (They hover around more),
- Gobiodon gobies (Swim pattern is unusual, my personal favourite is the black clown goby),
- AcAnThUrUs TaNgS (This is a joke. Don’t take it seriously).
- Escenius blennies (Hear me out on this! There are some more unusual ones, I find E. lineatus to be unusual due to its pattern changing depending on surroundings)
My Max Nano currently houses;
- Blue star leopard wrasse (This is a temporary thing, I have a plan to grow her out and then put her in my 4’ tank),
- Naoko fairy wrasse (Same as the leopard - If he truly does grow more),
- Linear Blenny,
- Yasha goby,
- Black Clown Goby,
- Pink streaked wrasse.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a geometric Pygmy Hawkfish. I have one great personality, very peaceful. Or a Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse, very small shy and peaceful. or a pair of Yasha Gobies and a red striped pistol shrimp.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not put a dotty in with a royal gramma in a 20g.

Pictus blenny
Geometric Pygmy hawkfish
Pink streak will fit (leopard will not)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not put a dotty in with a royal gramma in a 20g.

Pictus blenny
Geometric Pygmy hawkfish
Pink streak will fit (leopard will not)
I agree with this however with the leopard part, if you get 1 that’s an inch or less then it can fit for a few months to maybe a year. I got mine at .5” and she is now at 1”, I got her in September or august this year. Yes the pod population needs to be established for this fish, however if you have Atleast a 3’ tank she can go into (Wether that’s yours or someone else’s) then it will be an alright tank to start. My fairy and leopard don’t actually use every inch of the tank they more hang at the top or near the rocks (And they don’t dart either). Do I recommend this tank size for this fish long term? No, of course not. However if you have an exit plan when the time comes it’s not impossible.

I mean, they suggest a 3’ tank for tilefish… mines in a 4’ tank and doesn’t use every inch, at max he uses like 2’ of the tank, I will admit he hasn’t been in the tank long (4 days?). These fish aren’t like tangs that “need” to swim, but I do understand where it comes from. If you want the fish long term then a possum or pink streak is better.

OP
OP
L

LukeSivyer45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several “Unusual fish” for a nano, my personal favourites are the four wrasses that fit in this tank; Pseudocheilinops ataenia, Wetmorella albofasciata, Wetmorella nigropinnata, Wetmorella tanakai.
Other unusual fish are;
- Basslets (Blue Assessors are my favourites),
- Chalk Bass (They hover around more),
- Gobiodon gobies (Swim pattern is unusual, my personal favourite is the black clown goby),
- AcAnThUrUs TaNgS (This is a joke. Don’t take it seriously).
- Escenius blennies (Hear me out on this! There are some more unusual ones, I find E. lineatus to be unusual due to its pattern changing depending on surroundings)
My Max Nano currently houses;
- Blue star leopard wrasse (This is a temporary thing, I have a plan to grow her out and then put her in my 4’ tank),
- Naoko fairy wrasse (Same as the leopard - If he truly does grow more),
- Linear Blenny,
- Yasha goby,
- Black Clown Goby,
- Pink streaked wrasse.
Okay i think its either between a pink streak or possum wrasse, neon goby or pygmy hawkfish.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back