Unhappy corals, becoming cryptic!

joelat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice really. I have been experiencing some issues with my corals for the past 2-3 weeks now. Initially I had found a faulty power head giving me a fair amount of stray voltage into the water (nasty zap!)

However since rectifying this I expected to see improvement with my corals.

I currently have a torch, purple Kenya, rhodactis mushroom.

I have had multiple spin tests done in the water and everything is within range for the usual range in my tank.

I have done 2 30% water changes over the past 7 days.

I have also added Cuprisorb and carbon in case of any metal contamination from the defective power head.

Next is to send for ICP but I feel as though I have already carried out and potential fox that would come off the back of that with water changes and cuprisorb?

any other ideas? I’m at a bit of a sticking point now!

35EB0F23-E433-4343-B2AB-6CDEDCF2AA7E.jpeg 39AD72CE-F326-4DB0-8A6A-5BD4ABCFD677.jpeg

OP
OP
J

joelat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had only moved that this morning more for observation purposes, it was the same when on the rock.

I am also trialling a higher setting on the light for today and tomorrow. But they were fine before on a much lower setting. I can’t figure it out.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back