Uniquarium Information for a Noob

g.knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, everyone.

I am BRAND NEW to the hobby. So new in fact I currently don’t even have my first saltwater tank. However, I plan on starting that up this week. Since I’ve watched 100% of Mark Callahan’s videos on setting up tanks for beginners, I feel confident that my first tank will be a success. (Knock on wood. And if it isn’t, I’ll completely blame Mr. Saltwater Aquarium himself. Lol)

With that being said, I’m already looking forward to my first BIG tank. I’ve been doing as much research as I can and have come across the Uniquarium. Although the reviews seem positive there just aren’t that many reviews. I was wondering if anyone here has any insight into these aquariums. Thanks for any input in advance!

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assume you are talking about the clear-for-life branded ones? if so...

they have been around for a long time, are of decent quality (or at least they were many years ago when they seemed more popular). they are an AIO (all in one) system. Most don't use the bio-balls for reefs, and you will need additional powerheads/wavemakers in tank most likely. On most there is significant eurobracing on the top which can cause some shadowing especially if using a single light (like a metal halide or led). not so bad with say t5 fixtures. A centered 250w halide fixture on mine long ago caused the center eurobrace to become soft/crazed and eventually cracked. the eurobracing can also make cleaning/coral placement slightly more challenging as it gets in the way.

Hope that helps, and welcome to R2R!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back