Unique Acro

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll offer my tank for a test in the LED catagory-pretty sure I've been doing LEDS as long or longer than 90% of the folks here :yo: (successfully I may add LOL)

I'll even pay shipping :cheer2:

Sweet piece-it's been forever since I looked at this thread glad you got its color back

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a wild maricultured acro which came in bleached white from a cold shipment. It recovered and looked very much like yours but without the red. I lost it in a tank crash a few months ago. It would have been the nicest acro in my tank.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL I don't give booger frags :) I get 350 par halfway down in my 26" high tank. Your ATI LED is a lot bright than my halide, t5, reefbrite lighting scheme.

That's where I'm at with my T5s...................mid level in my tank is 350. I call that the sweet spot because anything wlll look great at this level.

ssdawood,

Coral+ bulbs do a great job of pulling nice reds. I'd try to lower the white LEDs and add more coral+ if that fits your options.

Last edited:

angelsbeamer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love a frag of this when you healed up. That is a beauty. We don't see too many corals like that down here in VA. Let me know how much. Hoping you have a speedy recovery.

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to acquire this piece from Jackson about a week ago , MC was just insane . I'm running similar nutrient levels as him and similar lighting the difference is he's running 400 w mh I'm running 250 . I hope to keep this colored up , will keep u guys posted with progress pics !!! Thx Jackson ps this was taken with a cell

Attachments

• IMG_6274.jpg
    IMG_6274.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 680

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sigh, that is just stunning.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice frag! That would be like 4 frags for a lot sellers. Glad to see this beauty is getting spred around, maybe I'll get my hands on it someday.

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes def a sick piece man bad cell phone pic, hard to capture the true colors ......yes jackson isnt known for booger frags , just a great guy to deal with and very knowledgable

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one Awesome Looking acro!!! Here is mine I have high hopes for. A LFS had it as a colony that came in all green. Every week the colors have improved, especially Reds and blues. Anyone know what it is?

image.jpg

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Israel, glad you like the frag. I think you'll keep color. You're lighting and parameters are very similar to mine.

hinovak, that's just how mine looked at one point. I'm seeing this coral more and more out there. The issue seems to be maintaing the red coralites. I have only been able to do this under 500-700 PAR (halide) and a relatively high nutrient level.

Here is a current top down video of the piece taken with my iPhone.

[video=youtube_share;DZr1D7lOj74]http://youtu.be/DZr1D7lOj74?list=UUhMQtkcK_YQuWgCqG41ncXA[/video]

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great news, I cannot wait for it to develop more in my system. I am running 400w mh, so I guess that is what is helping it morph to the amazing colors we are seeing. The LFS fish store owners main display system has a frag of it off the mother colony, and it has really started coloring up. It is always awesome to have a acro morph into something amazing. Mine has been encrusting quickly as well. How long did yours take to fully color up?

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another pic of mine as of yesterday. It has been in my system three weeks from being completely green.
image.jpg

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquanaut what light are you growing yours under? Do you have a pic with T5 or halide over it? Those pics with the but LED look insane man! :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back