Unique Acro

ReefHero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquanut
This WD Acro looks extremely similar to the RR Orange Passion.....perhaps a little more pink hues in your pics..... But other than that pretty much exact same colours and coral structure..... Even the polyps look identical.... Still very sweet looking dude but thought I'd mention the similarities.....

akma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw a frag of this last night in my friends tank. Such a sick piece.

snipertwobe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sick corals. i'm in connecticut how far are you from me yes i have led's and 250w halides in the basement. thinking about throwing them back on to try this coral.

tonymission

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquanut
This WD Acro looks extremely similar to the RR Orange Passion.....perhaps a little more pink hues in your pics..... But other than that pretty much exact same colours and coral structure..... Even the polyps look identical.... Still very sweet looking dude but thought I'd mention the similarities.....

They're both tenuis. Can't wait to get my WD frag tomorrow. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys I started this thread to log the progress from a frag, not to make money selling a coral. This coral has grown quite large because I haven't fragged it much. I will sell frags of this coral and others in my tank like I normally would when my colonies grow too large, but keep in mind this isn't a f/s thread. I will respond to pm's and try my best to accommodate :) Keep in mind that no one has been able to keep color under any lighting other than 250w and 400w radium as of yet. Hopefully that changes.

Anyway :) After seeing that WD tenuis it motivated me to try a blue LED pic. I have no idea how he gets the images to come out so awesome. Here's the best I could get under a blue reefbrite. I kind of believe that these corals may be the same, just images captured differently. I eventually have to trade frag with Aquanut to see the difference :)

led pic by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Last edited:

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking stuff guys, I too would love to be added to this long list. There has to be a few people out there growing this out now. Judging from a certain auction I am watching this thing is in very high demand.

tonymission

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking stuff guys, I too would love to be added to this long list. There has to be a few people out there growing this out now. Judging from a certain auction I am watching this thing is in very high demand.

What auction is that? ;)

Aquanaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that's beautiful aquanaut!

Thank you! Took two years to get this color. Good things dont happen over night in this hobby.

Aquanaut what light are you growing yours under? Do you have a pic with T5 or halide over it? Those pics with the but LED look insane man! :)

Jackson, I have a 265 display which holds the WD mother colony. Running 100% LEDs. In addition, I have a 80g deep blue frag tank with an ATI 6 bulb and 24 Cree Royal Blue Leds running on two 1050ma drivers plummed into the same system. The recent pics are Wds grown under mainly T-5 with the Cree RB leds as supplement. I can tell you the lighting does change the color a bit. The T-5 adds a more distinct pink hue.

@Aquanut

This coral generates green PE out the tips and yellow out of the coralites. Not the same. I have SC Orange Passion and they are different.

Saw a frag of this last night in my friends tank. Such a sick piece.

Nice!

Where can I get my hands on a frag? Thanks

The demand is overwhelming

They're both tenuis. Can't wait to get my WD frag tomorrow. ;)

Enjoy.

Guys I started this thread to log the progress from a frag, not to make money selling a coral. This coral has grown quite large because I haven't fragged it much. I will sell frags of this coral and others in my tank like I normally would when my colonies grow too large, but keep in mind this isn't a f/s thread. I will respond to pm's and try my best to accommodate :) Keep in mind that no one has been able to keep color under any lighting other than 250w and 400w radium as of yet. Hopefully that changes.

Anyway :) After seeing that WD tenuis it motivated me to try a blue LED pic. I have no idea how he gets the images to come out so awesome. Here's the best I could get under a blue reefbrite. I kind of believe that these corals may be the same, just images captured differently. I eventually have to trade frag with Aquanut to see the difference :)

led pic by rich.colombo, on Flickr

+1 This is not a FS thread.

Nice pic Jackson. I use a T2i DSLR mainly with porthole and also have a canon underwater camera.

I still want a frag of yours jackson. Great job coloring it up.

No more lists. Too much demand at the moment. Thx

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay6363

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackson it continues to blow me away!!! What's ur photoperiod? And you keep it in the top third of the aquarium? Thanks!

OP
OP
jackson6745

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackson it continues to blow me away!!! What's ur photoperiod? And you keep it in the top third of the aquarium? Thanks!

Thanks. Photoperiod is 7 hrs MH, and 10hrs T5, Blue LED 12hrs. I lowered this colony down to give it more growth room. It's currently getting 500 PAR directly under the halide.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back