Unknown coral frags

Pennycrayon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2019
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi...

I brought a load of frags from someone and have a couple that are unknown to me, at first I thought the coral on them may have died, you can see when the blue light is turned on there are colours on the rock .. not sure what they are.. can anyone help?

Thanks

20191214_225000.jpg 20191214_224926.jpg 20191214_224950.jpg 20191214_224938.jpg
 
I think the second one looks like a chalice, but it’s kind of hard to tell when the blues are on.
 
I think the second one looks like a chalice, but it’s kind of hard to tell when the blues are on.
Hey. It's the same frag as the first pic.. iv upload both white light and blue light.

Thanks
 
Looks like some type of mushroom coral
 
I thought it looked kind of hard to be a mushroom :)
Sometimes from a distance I think that ricordeas look hard mainly because they don’t move a whole bunch
 
Yes, chalices are hard corals. They are in the lps or large polyp stony coral family. This particular piece looks similar to a Hollywood stunner. They grow over live rock like a blanket.
Lol I’ve never heard of that is it a hard coral
 
Yes, chalices are hard corals. They are in the lps or large polyp stony coral family. This particular piece looks similar to a Hollywood stunner. They grow over live rock like a blanket.
Do they show their colors in moon light or bright daylight
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new